Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just called Pontiac today. My Solstice (built on Oct 11th) is still at the plant. No quality issues, just waiting for a carrier. Know any Storks or St. Bernards?......... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
Welcome to the club :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel the pain of the Solstice Brethren........

I gave an earful to the poor customer service rep. But did it on purpose! GM needs to understand my inner hurt and pain! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
I sure do feel for you...

I talked to 3 different Solstice hotline people today to see how many different answers I'd get, and guess what?? I got 3 different answers. First girl said I was on Quality hold still, second girl said, Let me see if I can get you a PRODUCTION DATE!!!! (Built on 10/3)BTW, and the third person said I passed quality control and waiting for a carrier! HHHMMMMM,which one?? I cryed when I hung up the 3rd time. I don't think I can take this rollercoaster ride much longer! Marla
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
ntouched said:
I gave an earful to the poor customer service rep. But did it on purpose! GM needs to understand my inner hurt and pain! :lol:
I was feeling a little embarrased yesterday afternoon when I called the Pontiac Customer Service folks to get info about where my car was. It was shipped on 10/28 but all they could say was that it was in transit, so I gave them a pretty hard time about their crummy tracking system.

Then I get home and there's a message on my answering machine from my dealer saying my car was at the dealership and to come get it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Help with Pontiac Number

Can someone please tell me the number to call Pontiac so I can find out about my #3059? I called my dealer, Beck & Masten, today and they said that they couldn't call and find out anything. I also asked if I could call and was told "no". I would love to call someone at GM to find out ANY answer even if it's not a correct one. The dealer said that I'm still at 3800 (since 10/12 production date) with no other progress. It's been a long time since 4/29 when I placed that order......just any info would help my feelings. It's depressing to see so many #3000-4000's being invoiced, shipped, and delivered without those of us with lower #'s finding out anything. Thanks if you can help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Cige said:
Can someone please tell me the number to call Pontiac so I can find out about my #3059? I called my dealer, Beck & Masten, today and they said that they couldn't call and find out anything. I also asked if I could call and was told "no". I would love to call someone at GM to find out ANY answer even if it's not a correct one. The dealer said that I'm still at 3800 (since 10/12 production date) with no other progress. It's been a long time since 4/29 when I placed that order......just any info would help my feelings. It's depressing to see so many #3000-4000's being invoiced, shipped, and delivered without those of us with lower #'s finding out anything. Thanks if you can help!
Did you order from Beck and Masten North or South? Not that it matters really...I purchased my Sol from the South location. Last Sunday, my salesman told me that my car had been shipped and GM expects my car to arrive on or around 11/28. Also, who have you been asking? I have been checking in with the gal that actually ordered our cars and who is tracking the progress of all of their orders. She has been really nice and helpful. Check this thread tomorrow as I will try to remember to post her #. Sorry, I would post it now, but I left her number in my brief case that is at the client I am currently working on. ...Will be in touch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
I ordered from B&M North and have been visiting with Teresa as well. She's been real helpful and may just be sick of me calling her once a week. I would appreciate her direct number though. Thanks for trying to help me out. I finally found an older post with the 800 Pontiac number (Pontiac Hot Line @ 1-800-276-6842) and will try this tomorrow to see if the number works and if they can give me any info. I also just looked at the Pontiac website and saw that B&M had an invoice today for #1996. Do you know who that belongs to?? Whoever owns that one should be happy! Thanks again for your help and congrats on your Sol being on its way to H-town.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Cige said:
I ordered from B&M North and have been visiting with Teresa as well. She's been real helpful and may just be sick of me calling her once a week. I would appreciate her direct number though. Thanks for trying to help me out. I finally found an older post with the 800 Pontiac number (Pontiac Hot Line @ 1-800-276-6842) and will try this tomorrow to see if the number works and if they can give me any info. I also just looked at the Pontiac website and saw that B&M had an invoice today for #1996. Do you know who that belongs to?? Whoever owns that one should be happy! Thanks again for your help and congrats on your Sol being on its way to H-town.
Sorry, don't have her direct number, but I wish I did too. Also, don't know who 1996 is. What is the web site you saw the the invoice on? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Go to www.pontiac.com; click on Locate Vehicle, select 2006 Solstice coupe, and then type in your zip code. It will come up with dealers and care with VIN. Also select window sticker to see all the details. Pretty cool info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Questions:
1 - Went to the site and "locate vehicle" . Are all those listed actually sitting at the dealer as the site says?

2 - I have a VIN # and know my car has been built but when I type in my dealer's zip code, my car doesn't come up. None come up under his name either. Is that because it is already sold to me? Or just another mix-up in the pontiac system (a first !!!)

If all those listed are at dealers and for sale, I'll go tomorrow and just buy one of those in my area. (11 listed near NC)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
mogo said:
I talked to 3 different Solstice hotline people today to see how many different answers I'd get, and guess what?? I got 3 different answers. First girl said I was on Quality hold still, second girl said, Let me see if I can get you a PRODUCTION DATE!!!! (Built on 10/3)BTW, and the third person said I passed quality control and waiting for a carrier! HHHMMMMM,which one?? I cryed when I hung up the 3rd time. I don't think I can take this rollercoaster ride much longer! Marla
Mogo, relax the vins close to you are going out, I would say yours is very close. But have your dealer find out who the trucking company is and have him give them a call. ( train and tracking thread) You'll get update and correct info from them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
solactor said:
Questions:
1 - Went to the site and "locate vehicle" . Are all those listed actually sitting at the dealer as the site says?

2 - I have a VIN # and know my car has been built but when I type in my dealer's zip code, my car doesn't come up. None come up under his name either. Is that because it is already sold to me? Or just another mix-up in the pontiac system (a first !!!)

If all those listed are at dealers and for sale, I'll go tomorrow and just buy one of those in my area. (11 listed near NC)
Who's locate site?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
AFSOC 1st Sgt said:
I was feeling a little embarrased yesterday afternoon when I called the Pontiac Customer Service folks to get info about where my car was. It was shipped on 10/28 but all they could say was that it was in transit, so I gave them a pretty hard time about their crummy tracking system.

Then I get home and there's a message on my answering machine from my dealer saying my car was at the dealership and to come get it.
We keep telling people the customer service people don't have correct info. Congrats !!! :party: :party:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
They're not sitting on the lot, as mine shows up on the list but it's not there yet. I believe it does mean they're been shipped and the window sticker electronically sent to the dealer.

If you've already fully paid for your car, it probably wont show up there. As for a named/dealer stock order, I have no definitely answer. I think mine is listed as dealer stock, but the dealer definitely has my name on it even if Pontiac doesn't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Called the hotline yesterday, they told me my soltice was in transit and will arrive soon. Stopped by dealer and he ran a vehicle history report which states it still at 3800. I really don't think anyone has a clue on where these vehicles are sitting and it really stinks to get different information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Still in Transit

My baby Danica, (pronouced Du Nee Ka) born on 10/18/05 - is still in 3800. The dealer has not even got the vin yet. When I look it up at Pontiac.com, the dealership doesnt show either. Since they are in Alabama and I am in Florida, there is a small geographical challenge to bugging them in person.
Although I have to say the dealership, Gilland Pontiac, is quite nice to me when I call them every week.
I called GM - that was useless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
I pulled up one of the cars from www.pontiac.com--- Locate vehicle and called a local dealership. The Sales Manager was very happy to explain that when the vehicle ships the invoice comes up on the screen for that dealer.
He said that his was sold of course but that this will happen to all his cars when there shipped. He did not know about our site but I informed him and he said he was going to check it out to get the inside dup. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Would it be fair to say?

Have been out of pocket for a few days. Received call from Dealer saying that they had received invoice on my Solstice with a projected arrival date of 12/15. Forum Posts seem to be saying count on at least 18 days after dealer receives invoice. Does this sound about right?

Ordered 05/06, 3800 10/10, vin 2993 to be delivered to Southern CA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
mannmoney said:
Have been out of pocket for a few days. Received call from Dealer saying that they had received invoice on my Solstice with a projected arrival date of 12/15. Forum Posts seem to be saying count on at least 18 days after dealer receives invoice. Does this sound about right?

Ordered 05/06, 3800 10/10, vin 2993 to be delivered to Southern CA.
Two months plus from invoice and still waiting.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top