Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Have a perfect set, but just too far away. Good luck in your hunt!!!!
Yup - me too. Shipping takes all the fun out of good prices.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Palm Springs, California. Not interested in shipping wheels. I have three sets of perfect Sky Chrome and one GXP set with less than 100 miles on them. Mine are for local pick up. Have not had a single hit on them. One set had a like new set of Conti's on them.

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
For what it's worth I sent a set of wheels from Northern Ohio to Palm Beach Florida a few years back and the UPS shipping cost was $ 125.00 the biggest issue was the packaging it's tough to find a heavy duty box to fit our wheels .I was lucky that I kept the boxes that my aftermarket wheels came in so that was not a problem . As with anything if you want to sell a set and don't mind a little extra effort in getting them ready to ship plus having the buyer pick up the cost it's not that big of a deal .

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For what it's worth I sent a set of wheels from Northern Ohio to Palm Beach Florida a few years back and the UPS shipping cost was $ 125.00 the biggest issue was the packaging it's tough to find a heavy duty box to fit our wheels .I was lucky that I kept the boxes that my aftermarket wheels came in so that was not a problem . As with anything if you want to sell a set and don't mind a little extra effort in getting them ready to ship plus having the buyer pick up the cost it's not that big of a deal .
Yeah I got a set of polished wheel but they need a lot of work, had them shipped from fla to ny about 100 bucks
I suppose some places don’t have a ups or fed express, my friend got boxes from a tire and wheel place for nothing
Oh well I keep this post going

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Have you given any thought of having them powdercoated ? Another option would be to contact an alloy wheel repair facility I've had a few wheels repaired and when they got done the wheels looked new . One thing to take into consideration with the chrome wheels is that they were made in China and the chrome plating is not the best there have been issues with forum members who have these .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts