Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dealer still has no idea where car 128 is however car 175 showed at the same dealer :devil:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Dealers do not have a clue on when these things will come in. If what was posted about another mass shipment this past weekend is true, you'll be getting yours this week.

I'm in same boat, my dealer got his other F1K last week (something in the 660's VIN range) and my #30 should be here this week too.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Seems like the "rumors" of quality issues on the first ones was true. Logical to think that since the higher number units have been delivered and the lower number are not.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Don't know. Could be something as simple as they held on to some of the early ones for quality checks and then they got lost in the shuffle as more and more cars piled out. We'll probably never know.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Lets call the crew from X-Files...they were always able to solve mysteries!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Being # 832 at the same dealership as # 128 I will be interested to see
if mine shows at the same time or before # 128.

As of friday afternoon my car had not been released for shipment. DOB 9/1.
That should be almost enough time to check it over.

The Solstice HQ called me today to say that my car had been produced
(they called only 11 days late), and that quality inspections and shipment
would be in the 4 to 6 week range. I am hoping for much better than that.

Should get another update some time early this week. :yesnod:

Bring Em Home To Papa in Pa.!!!!!!!! :cool:

Hang in there 128 but you have been through a lot. As of lunch I did not
see any solstices on the lot.

Do you know if the black one is in gone or in the showroom? Saw it once
Reeeeeeeal Niiiiiiiice!!!!!!!!!!!

Later!

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I just got the word on mine... Won't be in until Mon or Tues of Next week... so yep.. a lot of later numbers are being delivered before earlier numbers.

I would have hoped they wouldn't use the train.. sigh... but they did.

John

·
Registered
27 Posts
mine is also mia

still no word on #269. its so hard waiting while u see a lot of people on the forum gettings cars especially with vin numbers much higher.

Has anyone in northeast oh received a his or her car yet?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
All the first 1000 were tagged as HOT and get priority.Not that many left to ship.
Amen!!!!!!!! :yesnod:

·
Registered
233 Posts
JCRRPZ said:
have you seen 128??
It is probably sitting next to 131 inside the plant that was recalled from Birmingham around the 29th of August... :yesnod:

·
Registered
67 Posts
JCRRPZ said:
have you seen 128??
Glinedog sure would like to know what was wrong with Vin #16 and if it is on the way was released for shippment Last Tuesday Sept6.

but I know you can not check everything out. SURE GLAD TO HAVE YOU PART OF THE FORUM. LOOK FROWARD TO SEEING YOUR INPUT everyday !!
THANKS

·
Registered
233 Posts
SURE GLAD TO HAVE YOU PART OF THE FORUM. LOOK FROWARD TO SEEING YOUR INPUT everyday !!
THANKS[/QUOTE]
:agree:

·
Registered
260 Posts
There was 20 or so cars that were lined up to be released on tuesday night. I dont think they have been shipping cars on the night shift.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
There was 20 or so cars that were lined up to be released on tuesday night. I dont think they have been shipping cars on the night shift.
Linedog,
Are the regular allocation cars going to go through the same strict inspections that the 1st 1000 did before delivery?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
Gmlinedog,
My dealer was told this morning that my car was still at the plant in Deleware! Are there any 1st 1K left there?? :willy:

Please tell me he was misinformed! ;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Tracking 556

Solstice ___556

Was released to ship 9/8

Train was in Connellsville, PA ( looks like a major RR hub ) which is south of Pittsburg, 9/13

Train will travel to Lordstown, Ohio which is just west of Youngstown, Ohio

Car then will be trucked to Buffalo, NY

No ETA yet

It's very probable that eastern PA and western NY cars could be on the truck, but this is only a guess!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
JCRRPZ said:
car 128 came in this am needs to be inspected ane emmission tested
They do emission test on a new car? Wow, maybe I'll quit complaining about Arizona's government. We don't have to get emissions tested until a car is six years old.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts