Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else still waiting to get their soltice even though they ordered during the EOP program (but was unlucky to get first 1000)???

I am starting to get irritated by others who ordered in August and are getting their car. GM WHERE IS MINE?

·
Registered
819 Posts
According to my dealer, the only one that has gotten to his dealership is the only F1K they were assigned. Mine is the 1 of 4 (or 5) that they were being assigned in the first period. As far as he has said, mine may be the only one of the units he has set up for the first period even looking to be delivered.

The day I ordered mine, 4/15, they had the F1K and 4 others already on their books. I don't know if all of the others have held on, but he has told me that the person who was their #5 of 5 was getting VERY upset, and let's him know it whenever they have a chance. The order of picking cars to be produced is a mystery to me, as it seems to be to most others. It would be nice if Pontiac had a way to pick the orders IN ORDER of their actual order date. It doesn't seem they have such a system in place.

Do you have a VOMS number? Have you talked the dealership's Sales or Inventory Manager? They should be able to show you the information that they have in the Pontiac system for your order.

·
Registered
79 Posts
mrfantastic said:
Is anyone else still waiting to get their soltice even though they ordered during the EOP program (but was unlucky to get first 1000)???

I am starting to get irritated by others who ordered in August and are getting their car. GM WHERE IS MINE?
That would be me as well. I contacted the Customer Assistance Center by e-mail a while back and asked them if the ID number I signed up for the EOP program meant anything past the first 1000 orders. Here was their quote:

"The ID number was a requirement to be part of the first 1,000 orders. The determining factor was the ability to quickly go to your local Pontiac dealer and be one of the first 1000 to place your order (using Customer ID number)."

So in other words it did no good at all to have an EOP # if you were not one of the first 1000. That's the way I take it.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Firebird99 said:
That would be me as well. I contacted the Customer Assistance Center by e-mail a while back and asked them if the ID number I signed up for the EOP program meant anything past the first 1000 orders. Here was their quote:

"The ID number was a requirement to be part of the first 1,000 orders. The determining factor was the ability to quickly go to your local Pontiac dealer and be one of the first 1000 to place your order (using Customer ID number)."

So in other words it did no good at all to have an EOP # if you were not one of the first 1000. That's the way I take it.
:agree: The number from the Apprentice only qualified you to try for the F1K. Past that, it was worth as much as the paper it was printed on.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's also assuming the sales associate knew anything about the preorder program. Mine didn't.

We must do anything in our power to stay in this but also make sure GM changes the way they do things. My dealership has been given no information in as far as when they are to expect any of the solstices.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Firebird99 said:

you had to have the EOP early order number in order for your dealership to submit it...when they tried to order a F1K car..the dealership also had to sign up with GM in order to even ask for a F1K car is my understanding...if you simply signed up..and got a EOP number..but didnt go to you dealership..the next day......you were never in the running for an EOP car...

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
mrfantastic said:
That's also assuming the sales associate knew anything about the preorder program. Mine didn't.

We must do anything in our power to stay in this but also make sure GM changes the way they do things. My dealership has been given no information in as far as when they are to expect any of the solstices.
have you worked with your inventory control person at the dealership.....he should be able to enter your VOMS number...do you have one?..and determine the status of your car...if it is still sitting at the code you state....it sounds as if that dealership does even have allocations pending yet

same for firebird99.......you shouldnt still be at the allocation pool code meaning the dealership has entered your order..but its sits waiting to be picked up byu GM against one of your dealerships allocations.....again work with the inventory control manager or the sales manager...ask to see your VOMS event printout.....if the dealership actually has placed an order..you should have your VOMS number!!...also press to find out what there first and second four month allocations are/were and where where you in that line..

·
Registered
79 Posts
PAO said:
you had to have the EOP early order number in order for your dealership to submit it...when they tried to order a F1K car..the dealership also had to sign up with GM in order to even ask for a F1K car is my understanding...if you simply signed up..and got a EOP number..but didnt go to you dealership..the next day......you were never in the running for an EOP car...
Was out of town on 4/15 and couldn't get to the dealer that day. I did take the EOP number with me the next day to the dealer. Also, I didn't even apply for EOP # until 4/16 and there was no mention of all first 1000 being already taken and don't bother taking number to dealer when they sent me my #.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I put money down a few days before the Apprentice and confirmed my order the following Monday (I did not want to be a guinea pig :yesnod: ).

That made me #9 of 12. My car was built a week or so ago - should be here ANY DAY :brentil:

Stopped in at the dealer today - they had a loaded Sly on the floor (VIN# about a 1000 lower than mine). Salesman said the original intendee backed out, Red Tagged for only $30,000 :eek:

BTW - they had another :skep: loaded Sly a few weeks ago they sold to someone in California - $36k

Far as I know - depending where you fell in the first allocation, it is entirely possible that you would not have received your car yet :(

... but it should not be much longer :leaving:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Firebird99 said:
Was out of town on 4/15 and couldn't get to the dealer that day. I did take the EOP number with me the next day to the dealer. Also, I didn't even apply for EOP # until 4/16 and there was no mention of all first 1000 being already taken and don't bother taking number to dealer when they sent me my #.

the cars were gone with 45 minutes of the program being offered was my understanding.......so the dealer probably was even aware of the program...regardless...you need to ask the inventory manager the questions above.....

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
At my dealership, the Skunks at Champion Pontiac of North Houston, owned by AutoNation, there were at least two orders on April 15 placed after mine. None of us got F1K. But only mine has been delivered so far. I wonder if Pontiac screwed Champion's allocation because they screwed me with a $3000 premium, which they didn't tell me about until FIVE months after I gave them my deposit.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
As I'm sure you know all orders outside of the F1K fell into regular allocation. Dealer has to give you status of your order (VOM event history). Have sales guy talk to manager or GM. Hope they did not slip people ahead of you in line

·
Registered
79 Posts
PAO said:
the cars were gone with 45 minutes of the program being offered was my understanding.......so the dealer probably was even aware of the program...regardless...you need to ask the inventory manager the questions above.....
You don't work for the Pontiac CAC do you? :) Almost word for word what they told be at six months :skep:

·
Registered
397 Posts
My original order was placed during EOP but after getting jerked around by my dealer (I don't want to say their name - but their initials are John Hine :devil: ), I looked elsewhere. I kept the order (and deposit) in at the original dealership - just in case. I didn't hear anything from them for 8 months - despite several phonecalls and visits.
Last week some sales manager, whose name I never heard before, called to tell me that Pontiac has cut production from 20,000 Sols to 7000 (Oh really? That's interesting news... ;) ) and that they wouldn't be able to fill my order this model year. As a result, they would be returning my deposit!
Oh, Of course, the old "It's not OUR fault we led you on - It's Pontiac's fault!" routine.

Ya know it would be nice if they could just be honest and say " Look...we're a bunch of sleaze-balls that just wanted your money. Now that it looks like we won't be able to lead you on any longer, we're going to return your money to you. But hey - I've got a great new miata if you want it! Oh yeah - you'd have to wait for that one too." :brentil:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts