Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The St. Louis Auto Show starts tomorrow. I am planning on going tomorrow and on Saturday. I will take as many pics as I can, of as much new stuff as I can. Let me know if you want anything specific. :cheers

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Specifically I want:

Pics with the top up

Pics of the inside of the trunk wituout the carpeting (so we can lay to rest the "hump" argument)

A definitive date for when I can order mine

A definitive options list

Edit: Oh yeah, and pictures of the mystery compartment directly behind the passanger's seat. For this one, I'll give ya 50 cents.

Yeah, that's all. I'll give ya a dollar for every one of these requests you may satisfy by Monday. I'm sure a bunch of other forum members will match my offer. You stand to make a few hundred bucks, here. That might cover your bail. Go git 'em! :patriot :jester

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
If you are a big guy a picture of you in it would be nice too. :cheers

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
The Houston show only had the tan and grey interiored car from a year or two ago. I'll bet you'll get to see the all black car that is closer to the production model or at least the silver one with an all black interior. Ask some one about the long 3/4" x 3" plate on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel. It has three little bars on the forward end that look like it's where one would push so it'd pop open. There's one on the Sky as well. What is it? Enquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Passenger cupholder on side of transmission hump. (not that important but something we still don't have a view of)

With everyone talking about how they won't open the trunk, I just realized they've never opened the hood either.

Good luck.

Edit: Dreamer Dave, I think we're talking about the same thing. The pontiac guy Steve said it was a cupholder, but I couldn't get on the other side of the car to see.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Thanks, It wasn't till I left the show that I wished I had asked the Solstice people. The Sky guy went on about how he didn't know what it was but thought it might be an Ipod port! Yeah, right...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great stuff guys!
keep the requests coming, I will print this thread out at approx. 3:45pm CST today. (A little more than an hour from this post) and take it with me to be sure to get the pics you have requested.

I will do the same on Friday, so if you missed it today you can still get your requests in then. :cheers

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yellatec said:
Great stuff guys!
keep the requests coming, I will print this thread out at approx. 3:45pm CST today. (A little more than an hour from this post) and take it with me to be sure to get the pics you have requested.

I will do the same on Friday, so if you missed it today you can still get your requests in then. :cheers
Try to reach as far under the Solstice or Sky as you can and get images of the area above the rear differential. In essence see if you can get a picture of what we think is the fuel tank. If they wont let you get that close, ask them to do it for you. The ladies at the OIAS were kind enough to take pictures up close for me when I asked.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fformula88 said:
Remember to enjoy the autoshow and the Sol while you are working on our laundry list of picture requests too! ;)

Thus the reason for going two days.

I'm going on the first day because hopefully the folks with the sol won't have heard some of the questions i'll be asking yet, and then on saturday, they will be so tired of hearing them, they might give in and answer truthfully. We'll See!! I can't wait!! :cheers

·
Registered
86 Posts
A plan of attack

I tell you what. I'll distract any spokesmodel uh I mean spokesperson while you jump over the rope and get all the pics. Any word about he Sky being there? I checked out the web site and didn't see it listed.

Yellatec said:
Thus the reason for going two days.

I'm going on the first day because hopefully the folks with the sol won't have heard some of the questions i'll be asking yet, and then on saturday, they will be so tired of hearing them, they might give in and answer truthfully. We'll See!! I can't wait!! :cheers

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The Sky wasn't there. The spoksperson was a man who knew too little. he wouldn't even touch the car, except to open the passenger side door. It was the Black on black car.

He said it was a hand made production model, and that the trunk wouldn't even stay open if he opened it up.

He said thet the fuel tank is in the center of the trunk.

He said he didn't know if the rectangle on the pass. side was a cupholder or not, and was under strict orders not to touch it.

He said that you could pop the roof latches (silver circles on decklid) with a button inside, or with a keyfob remotely, to release the buttresses.

He said Summer release, and balked at me when I said June 5th. He got all Pissy because i said that, and then went on to tell the crowd that he had talked with the "head of Pontiac" that morning, and all he had heard was summer release. He told me that a dealer must have been telling me June 5th to get me to order one sooner.

He said that in the interim of '06 there will be a 4 speed Automatic. (for pammysolstice)

In All, He was a very Rude person, and I hope he is not there on Saturday when I go, so that I can get some more info and pics that we care about.

I did take some of the requested Pictures, but for obvious reasons, did not get others. I tried to post them into my gallery, and it didn't work. I will try it again later and update this thread with a link to them. :cheers

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yellatec said:
He said he didn't know if the rectangle on the pass. side was a cupholder or not, and was under strict orders not to touch it.
Hmmm, I wonder if we got any of the car show actors in trouble. :D

Yellatec said:
He said that you could pop the roof latches (silver circles on decklid) with a button inside, or with a keyfob remotely, to release the buttresses.
Ahhh-Ha, more proof of the auto-magic-roof-thingy-contraption might exist. :D

·
Premium Member
10,405 Posts
Wow, based on Yellatec report, this forum is definitely been watch by Pontiac!. I am now wondering how much of what we think we know, is true, and how much are smoke screens in the part of GM/Pontiac. Let's see if all the presenters from now on, are reading from the same book.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Wow, based on Yellatec report, this forum is definitely been watch by Pontiac!. I am now wondering how much of what we think we know, is true, and how much are smoke screens in the part of GM/Pontiac. Let's see if all the presenters from now on, are reading from the same book.
I don't think the presenters have a clue what we're saying. At best it's the people in charge of the people in charge of those hiring the presenters. They proabbly give them lists of things that are major no-nos or taboo to talk about/mention/make up stuff about.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK i have posted some pictures in the Gallery.

i got as close to the Front Wheel as I could to take a picture of the distance between the Brake and the wheel. It's gonna be a tight fit for 17s i think.

I saw what look to me to be Fuel Lines going up into the center of the trunk area, coming from the drivers side.

I tried to take a picture of the underneeth in the back, it was hard to see it, but i think you can see the tank above the rear diff.

I also took as close of a picture as i could of the "cupholder" in the well on the passenger side. But the guy wouldn't open it.

he said he had a sheet full of rules he was to follow. :brentil:

·
Premium Member
10,405 Posts
brentil said:
I don't think the presenters have a clue what we're saying. At best it's the people in charge of the people in charge of those hiring the presenters. They proabbly give them lists of things that are major no-nos or taboo to talk about/mention/make up stuff about.
That is what I meant when "reading from the same book" the handlers GM/Pontiac or whom ever will make sure these people are all saying pretty much the same thing.
I bet the original actors/presenters did not know the gas tank was in the middle of the trunk. Now that we have seen the Hump, the answer reads...... I am just reading between the lines Brentil.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thanks for the pics Yelletec. The underneath ones are fairly dark. I see the one showing the diff, but I cannot really make anything out above it. Its ok of course, thanks for trying!

I am not an expert at wheel fitment, but there does appear to be some room between the caliper and the rim. You'd really only have to have a half inch of space between the caliper and that rim to downsize to 17's (the other half of the lost inch is on the opposite side of the rim!). It might work.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Yellatec said:
I also took as close of a picture as i could of the "cupholder" in the well on the passenger side. But the guy wouldn't open it.
I think the fact that they are not allowed to even touch that little plastic rectangle, pretty much confirms what it is, they're just not done tinkering with it I reckon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts