Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened, I was stopped by the police. Okay, I suckered you in on this one. Yesterday when I was leaving my office, I stopped long enough to put down the top. As I was standing there one of our local police cars drove down the street behind my office. He slowed down and then pulled into my parking lot. The officer pulled up to the front of my car, got out, walked up to me and said, "Well, do you like it better than your Miata?" Isn't it great living in a small town! The officer knows me and my former Miata (not from traffic stops) and said he had seen me many times in town driving my car and wanted to get a better look at it. He said he didn't want to pull me over as that would not have been good PR for either him or me. We spent about a half hour going over the car, lifting the hood and trunk lid, operating the top, and generally talking about the car. He said he was considering getting a new cycle, but now he thinks a Solstice would be better. The next time he is off shift on a Friday he is stopping down with his wife and we are all going for a drive (obviously not all at the same time). I wonder if when he is off duty can I can push the speed limit on the drive without getting a ticket? :lol: It goes to show you that everyone is looking at the Solstices.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I saw my first Solstice on the road on Wednesday night. I was going down the hill, and off to the right in a bank's parking lot I see the Crown Vic/other car doing the cop talk thing. It was dark out, so I only had the marker lights (both had them on) and a vague outline to go on. At first I thought the other car was a Boxster, since I saw the reflection of the headlamps. On passing, however, I noticed the taillamps were all wrong for a Boxster as they were high on the fenders and flowed up rather than across. I knew then it was a Solstice.

So yeah, the cops seem to be looking.

Tony

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Cool story. Yeah... you got me. ;)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
This morning I was backing out my driveway when a local gendarme was cruising down my cul de sac. I had my Valentine (radar detector) on.

I went down the street to exit the subdivision. I "guess" he was done with his patrol of my subdivision and followed me out. I was on the main drag and had about a 100 or 200 yard lead.
Coincidentily, he pulled out in the same direction as me and all of a sudden the instant on fires up and my radar detector goes off.
I wish they would just pull up and ask.

I've got about 12 more days to use my temp tag till hes got a reason to pull me over.

·
4,592 Posts
This is the kind of attention you really don't want........ :brentil:

You're giving me a very good reason to at the very least to wait until the "new" car appeal wears off, I could not handle cops checking me out at every opportunity.

Guess that's a cool feature of the MSM, it's more a wolf in sheep's clothing :)

Of course this is the case for me personally as I like to be shift/pedal aggresive up to the speed limit ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts