Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped back in at Rinke Pontiac last Friday. I wanted to show 3 small (silver dollar size) wheel marks that weren't buffed enough or too long during the dealer prep before I picked up my car. Couldn't really see them unless you layed your head on the car and looked flat across but I knew they were there.

Service mgr. called body shop while I was standing there and I heard words like "Special care" and "high priority" while she was on the phone. I guess Pontiac must really want to prioritize and make these babies look as awesome as possible.

They wanted to re-polish the entire car so I said great (I won't argue with that) They asked me if I wanted to wait or pick it up later in the day. Being it was Friday and the forecast was for rainy blustry weather over the weekend I asked if I could pick it up Monday. They said fine and said they would also keep it inside all weekend for me. Partly sunny forecast for today so it should be a good day to pick it up!! Just like delivery day all over again!!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Holy crap. That is awful nice of your dealer. I certainly would of taken that opportunity as well! I hope those marks come off.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absoutely...

As I said before this is the first new non-Chrysler product I have ever purchased in my 48 yrs. I am very satisified with GM and Rinke Pontiac, they treated me like they genuinely want me to be pleased. I really could have lived with the 3 small swirl marks but my salesman suggested I bring it down and at least have a record of them on file...so I did.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
We are the same way here. Nix Sol's car is here due to a slight disagreement with a curb. The insurance company is paying for the repair, but Vicki(err...I forgot the new name) is covered and away from the normal traffic in our body shop.

I think everyone who has seen the car can automatically assume that the car is above the standard.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ouch!!!

Sounds like he a run in with good ol' "Sgt. Kirby"! I can remember us always saying that when someone was parking and they rubbed or hit the curb...Uh-oh..Sargeant "Kirby"!

·
Registered
363 Posts
OZ40 said:
Stopped back in at Rinke Pontiac last Friday. I wanted to show 3 small (silver dollar size) wheel marks that weren't buffed enough or too long during the dealer prep before I picked up my car. Couldn't really see them unless you layed your head on the car and looked flat across but I knew they were there.

Service mgr. called body shop while I was standing there and I heard words like "Special care" and "high priority" while she was on the phone. I guess Pontiac must really want to prioritize and make these babies look as awesome as possible.

They wanted to re-polish the entire car so I said great (I won't argue with that) They asked me if I wanted to wait or pick it up later in the day. Being it was Friday and the forecast was for rainy blustry weather over the weekend I asked if I could pick it up Monday. They said fine and said they would also keep it inside all weekend for me. Partly sunny forecast for today so it should be a good day to pick it up!! Just like delivery day all over again!!

Yeah nice to hear people satisfied with their GM dealer. Have a very longstanding relationship with my dealer and salesman. They are the best i have found in my area. Edd Rogers of Sparta Tennessee is the best

1 - 6 of 6 Posts