Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Learning that my sly is on its way, I started cleaning out garage space (too many toys - not enough space) when a friend in the trailer business suggested I find a "good" used enclosed car hauler. Then it hit me! It would provide the storage I need and allow me to pull it to where ever The "fair weather" prevailed, without: slush - rain - rock chips - odometer adds - road film and allow me plenty of storage for my needs at the destination. Since I have a truck that will pull it, it makes sense. Cheap storage, protection and portability. In the summer months I can put other toys in it and put the Solstice in the garage space. Sound like a good idea or not?

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
That is a good idea as long as you have the space on your property to "store" the storage. :lol:

·
2,574 Posts
solstindy said:
Learning that my sly is on its way, I started cleaning out garage space (too many toys - not enough space) when a friend in the trailer business suggested I find a "good" used enclosed car hauler. Then it hit me! It would provide the storage I need and allow me to pull it to where ever The "fair weather" prevailed, without: slush - rain - rock chips - odometer adds - road film and allow me plenty of storage for my needs at the destination. Since I have a truck that will pull it, it makes sense. Cheap storage, protection and portability. In the summer months I can put other toys in it and put the Solstice in the garage space. Sound like a good idea or not?
That's definitely worth thinking about. What do you have to tow it with? I just sold my boat (25ft)w/trailer and could do the same. I have an '02 Tundra fwd extcab. ready for that kind of duty. Got me thinking. Those transport trailers (tilt variety) are a one person operation if needed so no excuses not to if you can't appropriate a travel companion/sweetie! Hmmm! ;)

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2004, Ford F350 diesel, extra cab. A bit of overkill, but it will work. Your Tundra should do nicely. I'm sure the owners manual spells out the Max. towing capacity. Bear in mind that the enclosed trailer has a lot of wind resistance.

·
2,574 Posts
solstindy said:
I have a 2004, Ford F350 diesel, extra cab. A bit of overkill, but it will work. Your Tundra should do nicely. I'm sure the owners manual spells out the Max. towing capacity. Bear in mind that the enclosed trailer has a lot of wind resistance.

Wow, you're loaded for bear. Manual says 7500-8 thou for me, which is great the boat was around 6k and was no problem at all so I'm ok. You could tow a matched set and then some! That's one nice truck and is exactly what was used by the Pro hauler who took my boat south to the Chesapeake.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
check your IM

Bear huh? Might be my next adventure. I hear NC has bear hunts, curvey roads and great scenery. Check your IM box.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
solstindy said:
I tried to find one a few months ago and couldn't find one at a good price.

·
2,574 Posts
solstindy said:
Bear huh? Might be my next adventure. I hear NC has bear hunts, curvey roads and great scenery. Check your IM box.
Got it, Thanks! lets hook up and sharpen our bear hunting knives! :lol: Unless you want to go the dull route again this season! :glol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts