Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hard to tell from the video, but that does sound bad in person and its loud. I fired up my hhr(le5) with the muffler cut off. Not exactly the same, but it got the point across. The only risk here is a really loud exhaust. I think a straight through muffler would give you the sound you are looking for.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i just installed solo headers and high flow cat on my 2.4 and i am running a glasspack exhaust which makes my car extremely loud
my car is way louder than the video you posted :)

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Just the thing if you are 16 years old. Too bloody loud for most people, not to mention illegal.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I changed to side pipes on my GXP. They left the cat and split the exhaust right after it, one going directly to each side of the car with no muffler. The bends and pipes quiet it a bit, but it still has what I consider to be a nice sound. Louder than stock, but not outrageous. Here is a picture of how it is split.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Just the thing if you are 16 years old. Too bloody loud for most people, not to mention illegal.
THIS!!!! I like to this of a Solstice as a grown up car not a ricey little honda. Get a nice SOLO exhaust and call it a day.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Run str8 pipes all day only cuz I'm 20 and love the ricer sound :thumbs:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey John do you have any pics or vids of your setup. Maybe the next time you guys have a meet I can see if I like the sound in person.

Brap, how do you setup a straight through muffler?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sure if I still have it straight pipe I'm waiting on my magnaflow muffler still so yeah if it's open it'll be fun lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts