Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the car in neutral then accelerating a small amount . There is a strange air like burp from the engine. I have 3200 mi. on the car. Has anyone heard this sound? It sounds like hicup or small back fire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
439 Posts
Lol :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
This is a real concern.
I have heard this sound also, only notice it when idleing. Give it some gas and almost sounds like a blow back. I will be taking mine to the dealer when my window seals come in and I am going to have them check it out then. It seems to be running fine when driving. Just hear it when the car is in neutral and give it a little gas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
When I drive our '96 Z28 SS... If I put it in neutral, it will do the same thing after about 3,000rpm.

I figure this is normal if there is no load in your engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
del_utz said:
I have heard this sound also, only notice it when idleing. Give it some gas and almost sounds like a blow back. I will be taking mine to the dealer when my window seals come in and I am going to have them check it out then. It seems to be running fine when driving. Just hear it when the car is in neutral and give it a little gas.
Thanks del_utz. I will be taking it to the dealer also. Any one else have this sound?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Fortimir said:
When I drive our '96 Z28 SS... If I put it in neutral, it will do the same thing after about 3,000rpm.

I figure this is normal if there is no load in your engine.
Thanks, I thought it might be something unique to the engine, hadn't noticed any other problems, but your infor is reassuring. Thanks again.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
SCISOLSTICE - does it sound like a hiccup, or more like a (... I'll give this a try...)

"shhufff"

as you blip the throttle?

The reason I ask is when I drove an early SSR at a Chevy Dealership, I heard this noise when I was listening to the engine.

I thought I heard it also in the Solstice I drove a while ago, but wasn't sure.

If so, I doubt it is anything serious, except annoyance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SolsticeMan said:
SCISOLSTICE - does it sound like a hiccup, or more like a (... I'll give this a try...)

"shhufff"

as you blip the throttle?

The reason I ask is when I drove an early SSR at a Chevy Dealership, I heard this noise when I was listening to the engine.

I thought I heard it also in the Solstice I drove a while ago, but wasn't sure.

If so, I doubt it is anything serious, except annoyance.
Yes that would discribe the sound a little better. Everyone with a Solstice. Check to see if this is a common sound. Please.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
Ya know... it seems like I have the same sound in my VUE, which is a throttle-by-wire ecotec as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Could it be the rev limiter in the PCM? Most GM cars have a limiter that cuts out the engine in neutral at a certain RPM level....My Grand Prix does....until my new PCM comes in! :devil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
...my sound

I have a strange sound in my Sol too, It sounds something like...."YAHOOOOO!"
But I have only had it for less than 3 days. I'm sure it will die down a bit in a few weeks, or when I get laryngitis.
:cool:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top