Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Only for 2009, no GXPs. Love those black out headlights!

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
Blacked out headlights were oem on Street Edition and GXP Coupes.

·
Registered
675 Posts
First I have no idea what Street Edition even means. Are others Sidewalk Editions?
Secondly some cars executed blacked out headlights well. Like the Sky RL. But for the Solstice... it looks like just a bad automotive mascara. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
First I have no idea what Street Edition even means. . . . . .
It is explained in thread . . .

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe 001136
382 Posts
[...] But for the Solstice... it looks like just a bad automotive mascara. Just my opinion.

So, you’d rather her mascara was chrome?

;)

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
The black grilles on it too... is that the lipstick? :unsure:

Reactions: HHGadget

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm not sold on the superfluous 'cosmetics' of this edition, but the suspension feature is noteworthy.
Some buyers will collect these cars regardless, as there were so few of them.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Street Editions also came standard with the rare ZOK suspension, but it was only available as an option on the 2.4s & GXP models.

BTW, I'll take the bad Amy Winehouse mascara headlights over the Damn Edna chrome headlights any day. :devilish:
Hair Smile Lip Chin Lipstick

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
1,573 Posts
I beg your pardon mr crop top; I have the army whorehouse chromies headlights & I like em.. I would however like 2 sets of each for each of my solstices depending on the weather and their mood....just messen,Im bored.but it would be nice to have both version's. I like the chrome on my sliver 06, not sure witch will look better on my gpx clone coupe,( not to be cnfuzed with the clown goope the above thingy edna has on it. sorry if my spellen is off a little extra today...I am too.

also..I think all the street edtion stripes are still avalible encase somebody wants to make a lookie what I have...almost. hmm did they make a street edtion coupe? I do like the SE wheels too, on some cars.I dont think they work on all . I do hand it to pontaic for the wheels that they put on our cars, many times the oe aluminum wheels just dont look right on about 90 % of what they are put on.Im not a fan of the painted wheels(oe silver/gray) possibly those should of been black. polished is for me...chrome peels,polished gets corosion under the clear, but the clear can be removed, repolished and re cleared if desired a lot easyer than re chroming. I was hoping to have extra $ after this coupe is done to get a new set of the nos polished wheels...but thats not gonna happen like lot of stuff I wanted to do.

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
1,862 Posts
I beg your pardon mr crop top; I have the army whorehouse chromies headlights & I like em.. I would however like 2 sets of each for each of my solstices depending on the weather and their mood....just messen,Im bored.but it would be nice to have both version's. I like the chrome on my sliver 06, not sure witch will look better on my gpx clone coupe,( not to be cnfuzed with the clown goope the above thingy edna has on it. sorry if my spellen is off a little extra today...I am too.
Agree with this. Maybe different on a Sky but for me the black headlights on the Sol are very car color dependent. I also think they look better with the GXP Nose as the grills are black and the fog light honeycomb surrounds are black.

for my aesthetic the trim pieces needs to combine to “make sense”.
So for me Silver headlights and Silver grill on an NA or Black Headlights and a black grill on a GXP.

honestly on most cars I don’t even notice the headlights initially but because the nose cone is such an aesthetic “statement” on a Sol, and because they (the headlights) are a part of the front AND top of the hood and grill they make a big difference on your first glance at the car.

just my $0.02, however I spend an (inappropriate) amount of time staring at my car so there is that.
:)

·
Premium Member
2007 Sol NA (work in progress)
224 Posts
Hence, the reason I went with eyelids that could be painted to match the car. Or contrast it. Or whatever.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Black or chrome just be glad that Pontiac didn't give it the same extensive makeover that the anemic and thankfully forgotten G6 street edition got.

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
Hey, what's not to love with the original...?

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
1,573 Posts
those covers kinda ,make it look stoned..or sleepy. Ill bet the angle and the light you can see different things..I always see different things...like that orange solstice with the single grill thats fixen to shoot photon torpedos up at somebody flying by,watch out for Romulans !!! or possibly just shooting at the Sky

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
For the newbies reading this, it's pretty easy to convert your chromed headlights to black if you wish. Just stick them (one at a time!) in your oven at 200degF for about 8-10 mins to soften the sticky, then carefully pry the lens away from the base. Take the chromed surround out and spray it outside with Easy-Off oven cleaner (or generic). Leave it for a few minutes and the chrome will dissolve away. Hose down liberally and dry and you will be left with black plastic.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts