Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if my top has stretched over time (not original owner), but I have noticed that the top material seems loose. When I have the window down it flaps in the wind and when I have the a/c on the the top bubbles up like a balloon.

Does anyone else have the same problem or are the tops just built like this?

·
Premium Member
17,541 Posts
It should not act as described. There are adjustment screws and stops on the forward wall of the trunk. The adjustable screw stops are part of the top mechanism you can use them to increase tension of the top. There are threads with pics on this forum. If you are unable to find them I will go dig them out.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^Thanks a bunch Rob. I will look for the threads. Damn I just realized I posted in the wrong section. my bad...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, so I found one thread that showed how to adjust the tension for the top. So out in the garage I managed to tinker with it and successfully tightened the top! Thanks a bunch guys, especially Rob!!! Wish I would have done something sooner. It sure makes a lot of noise when its loose.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
RTE is the trigger man! lol - was about to reply when I realized the reply had been replied upon!

Members helping members - a cool thing.

·
Registered
643 Posts
ok, so I found one thread that showed how to adjust the tension for the top. So out in the garage I managed to tinker with it and successfully tightened the top! Thanks a bunch guys, especially Rob!!! Wish I would have done something sooner. It sure makes a lot of noise when its loose.
Can you post a link? Mine isn't doing what you describe, but I have noticed that it is looser than it was 8000 miles ago.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I would also be interested in a link if you would post it when you get a chance. Mine seems fairly loose compared to the top on my previous solstice.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Looks like when you move the stop (not sure what it's called) towards the rear (basically loosen), it will make the top tighter. There is one for each side. Make sure to tighten it back down with the nut shown in the pic. Mine was so loose that I could hit the roof and the material would fly up and settle back down. lol

·
Premium Member
17,541 Posts
That is too loose. We have seen several tops where one side was loose and the "feet" did not mate properly with the rubber hard points immediately behind the doors with out a lot of manual alignment. Once they were adjusted, they worked as designed.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Thank you Rob.

When I clicked on the link and was reading all the posts, the following window popped up in the middle of my screen.

I immediately shut off my WiFi, did a printscreen, and shut down the computer. Does anyone know what that website is?

OK. It happens when trying to look at the second page on that link. Something Bob posted is triggering it. With all the internet attacks it is hard to know who is trying to trick you into providing data.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Appears to be a hosting site for several forums.

I'm on the fence - I never provide credentials when solicited. BUT, this may just be a link to a "members" page that is prompting you to log in.

·
Registered
693 Posts
i have a few wrinkles on the two wings that go to the trunk.would loosening the stop bolts one turn be a good idea in this case?the rest of the top is tight and i have fiddled with the velcro on the top bolsters with no real effect...

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
i have a few wrinkles on the two wings that go to the trunk.would loosening the stop bolts one turn be a good idea in this case?the rest of the top is tight and i have fiddled with the velcro on the top bolsters with no real effect...
Can't say for certain, Red, but our 07 has always been tight on the top with some wrinkles on the wings. I believe it to be "normal".

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Can't say for certain, Red, but our 07 has always been tight on the top with some wrinkles on the wings. I believe it to be "normal".
There is a 'semi' fix for that, search could be your friend. Involved some foam inserts as I remember. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts