Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea yea, I know, I should know better for asking. But, which supporting vendor on the forum here sells small stubby antennas for the solstice?

I would like a 4 inch antenna or anything smaller. If there is nothing that small, what is the next smallest size up?

Thanks, and happy motoring.

·
Premium Member
10,306 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Stubby Antenna

I know I'm a woman and all, But I want to also order the "O-Series" But I was wondering if I should select the Pontiac Vibe since they do not have the Solstice listed? And has anyone already bought this antenna?

·
Premium Member
10,306 Posts
Solstice Chica:
Do not select a car at ALL! just order the O's and you will be fine.
If you order the one's for a Vibe then you will have problems with them.
Here you have a couple of pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
729 Posts
I like my stubby....6" black powder coat

I might have to look into this "O" series one again.

- bspate -

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks for the pics Latin...I just ordered the "O" model...how is the reception vs. the original? I have XM, so I don't listen to the radio much, but still want good recept...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Crappity Crap crap crap

Well I was not sure what to do and being the ever impatient person that I am, I ordered the "I-Series" and slected the Vibe. I've now put an email out to them and Im keeping my fingers crossed they will not send me the Vibe antenna.

Thank you for you help though, No harm no foul. I will just have to order another one. :)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Chet-O said:
The O-series on the website look much different than those on the pictures.
Please explain.
Maybe you're looking at the wrong pics? The pics of the O-series are the ones that LatinVenom posted, not the ones by BSpate ... that's a different antenna entirely. Also, kep in mind that the antenna acrews onto the base, so maybe the large base might be confusing you somewhat.

·
Registered
155 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Solstice Chica:
Do not select a car at ALL! just order the O's and you will be fine.
If you order the one's for a Vibe then you will have problems with them.
Here you have a couple of pictures.
How long did it take to get them? I have zero patience. :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,306 Posts
The reception for this type of antenna is ONLY good for local stations, also remember I am in Florida, everything around here is Flat.
It took them about a week maybe less to send them to me.
Solstice Chica:
If you order the O series and mentioned the Vibe, it should still work, if by chance it comes with the screw already attached to the base, then take that screw off, once that is off it should work for the Solstice, if it does not come with the screw already in place then you are set to go.
Good Luck

·
Registered
614 Posts
Latin,

Thanks for the help. I did get an email back from the company letting me know that the "I" and the "X" are not compatible with the Solstice. Im trying to get them to change me order to the "O" Wish I had wait a little bit longer. But I guess I just gotta chalk that up to a lessen learned :)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
uncivilracer said:
Hey where did you get that antenna? Did they have a chrome version? I want a chrome one.
That antena is the one linked at the begining of the thread from truckexpressions.com.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would like to know, if the antenna's mentioned , from various venders , work in the city as well as the one that comes on the solstice? Also which one seems to be the best regardless of price or size? [6in. 12 in. 2.5 in ect.] Also what manufacturer, and how to access. I want to change for looks, but not looking for another problem, such as reception.

·
Registered
729 Posts
ronrau said:
I would like to know, if the antenna's mentioned , from various venders , work in the city as well as the one that comes on the solstice? Also which one seems to be the best regardless of price or size? [6in. 12 in. 2.5 in ect.] Also what manufacturer, and how to access. I want to change for looks, but not looking for another problem, such as reception.
Just get yourself a stubby one and use it when you are listening to CD's or a strong radio station, and keep your stock antenna in the trunk for when you really need it.

- bspate -

·
Registered
192 Posts
StubbyAntenna

Just ordered the Stubby Antenna this morning. Since I have XM not really too concerned on it's range

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks Venom...I am in FL too, save for some minor hills, you're right its flat as a pancake. Bad news is that we dont' have any good windy hills to drive on right?
Surprisingly, I ordered mine on the weekend and got it on Wed...super fast and the 0 size antenna is about as mini-me as you can get.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts