Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
fak429 said:
Just ordered the Stubby Antenna this morning. Since I have XM not really too concerned on it's range
I am so into my XM that I forgot I had FM. Do people really listen to FM anymore? Just ordered my stubby antenna and waiting to put on the really cool looking custom colored all weather car cover on from KappaSphere that just showed up. (They said 4 - 6 weeks. Showed up in 1 week) So cool! :cool:

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Longer is Better!

I think that the antenna that comes with the Sol is just right! I tried a shorter one and didn't like it. Oh, well. To each his/her own...:) :) :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
My first try on a stubby is a 12 incher that is black and very pliable, so after a drive for a while at 40 or higher the antenna has bowed a bit and it looks cool standing still like the car is made for speed.. Just a slight bend... after a while it returns to staright.. I'm sure I willl try others, but the 12 brought the tip if the antenna in line more with the top. Top down, a shorter one might look better.. :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
10,330 Posts
The thing about the 2.5" antenna is that pretty much disapears from view, specially in the top down mode, but as others folks have said, is all on what you like, after all is your car.

·
Registered
710 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
I like the smaller antenna, but I do want it to have range as well. Maybe someone will combine to two :thumbs: (looks and range)
If that is the case check out the "J" series from that company who sells the same antenna. It is a little larger but has a really nice look and has better reception from what they tell me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered a stubby antenna from my local auto parts store ,they can order about anything.Used it for a while took it off,better reception with stock one.But it sure looks better with a stubby.Also ordering from parts store saved me shipping.Yes longer gives better reception.:)

·
Registered
614 Posts
My Stubby should be in any day now. Does anyone know if it's a pain in the rear to replace or can just about anyone do it? I hear alot of debate about the reception VS the look. I hope it's worth it. I have the XM and mostly use it, But when you can put an MP3 on there and listen to it for hours who needs FM?;)

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Temple said:
If that is the case check out the "J" series from that company who sells the same antenna. It is a little larger but has a really nice look and has better reception from what they tell me.
:cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had ordered the I-series 3.5" stubby and selected the Pontiac Vibe. It won't work for me because it has the wrong size female end. It came with a male adapter for the right size, but I don't think the threaded bolt comes out of the antennae mount. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
AutoZone has a flexible black antenna that just screws into the original antenna base. It is about 10 inches long and gets great reception. The cost is less that a dollar an inch. :lol: A lot of the NEO/PAs have them and everyone seems to like the look and the fact that it is still flexible.

·
Registered
155 Posts
O_A_G said:
I had ordered the I-series 3.5" stubby and selected the Pontiac Vibe. It won't work for me because it has the wrong size female end. It came with a male adapter for the right size, but I don't think the threaded bolt comes out of the antennae mount. Any suggestions?
What you have to do is not fill in the car make. I ordered Type "O" and then in the comment section I added that it was for a Solstice. Not not specify car type. They have had lots of queries so they knew what I was talking about and I had the right one in my hand in less than a week. Perfect fit. It screwed right in. :cool:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just got a nice one from ebay and it looks great http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLACK-Short-Antenna-Mast-Mini-Cooper-BMW-Z3-VW-Jetta-A_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33639QQitemZ8048601716

it was a hair under $14 shipped it came with adapters but I did not need any of them. I will post a pic of it on the car. Next on my list is fabricating some pedals and a dead pedal. would have made the antenna on my dads lathe but I am lazy...pedals that is a different story as they are way $$$ for sol specific ones

·
Registered
543 Posts
How Much?

hatetowait said:
Just got a nice one from ebay and it looks great http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLACK-Short-Antenna-Mast-Mini-Cooper-BMW-Z3-VW-Jetta-A_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33639QQitemZ8048601716

it was a hair under $14 shipped it came with adapters but I did not need any of them. I will post a pic of it on the car. Next on my list is fabricating some pedals and a dead pedal. would have made the antenna on my dads lathe but I am lazy...pedals that is a different story as they are way $$$ for sol specific ones
How much you want to make an extra set of pedals while your at it?:yesnod:

·
Registered
729 Posts
ronrau said:
Does solstice take male or female connection on stubby antenna, and is it 5mm or 6mm. ect.
The Sol has a male connection and is 6mm.

- bspate -

·
Registered
185 Posts
stubby

well here is the stubby attached to the sol
sorry about poor quality as I used my pocket camera.

as for the pedals I made the stencil for the dead pedal and got lazy for the main pedals as I got a universal billet aluminum set on clearance to use until I made some others and to see how the pattern/size works for grip. The dead pedal should be very easy to make, and then just drill a few holes and bolt it on (did that for my wrx too as it did not come with a dead pedal). I have lots of aluminum so I can experiment.

so far I don't have much invested less than $30 with the aluminum too and it looks good to me and once I finish the dead pedal I will be very happy. So far the pedals are very grippy compared to stock. They did not fit that bad...not perfect but they did not cost over $100 and I have at this point more time than money:lol: but they are solid and grippy and look so much better than stock

·
Premium Member
10,330 Posts
The antenna mast on the Solstice is Female, while the part attached to the body is the male.

·
Registered
185 Posts
LatinVenom said:
The antenna mast on the Solstice is Female, while the part attached to the body is the male.
:agree:
yep, the stubby I got is a female that came with various male threaded adaptors that you don't have to use.

21 - 40 of 115 Posts