Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Supplier for Stubby Antennas?

Hmmm - it looks like the economy is having it's effect. I checked both web sites mentioned on this thread - carcessory.com and truckexpressions.com, and it looks like they're both either gone, or on their way out. carcessory.com has no web page any more, and truckexpressions.com says "closed, but still processing orders". I assume that means they're not taking new orders.

Is there any other supplier (even on ebay) who has been good to deal with and who has had quality components?

Thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hmmm - it looks like the economy is having it's effect. I checked both web sites mentioned on this thread - carcessory.com and truckexpressions.com, and it looks like they're both either gone, or on their way out. carcessory.com has no web page any more, and truckexpressions.com says "closed, but still processing orders". I assume that means they're not taking new orders.

Is there any other supplier (even on ebay) who has been good to deal with and who has had quality components?

Thanks!
The site works fine for me. Did you spell it wrong? Carccessory.com

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
What's the best way (tool) to remove the stock antenna to screw on the stubby?:willy:
I've ordered the one from Carccessory.com, should be in tomorrow.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Don't know - I got my stubby over the weekend, and used a wrench cushioned with a work glove I had - and it still put two small marks on the original antenna, from the force/pressure of the wrench.

Learned two things - the original antenna is on there tightly, and that the metal/finish isn't very durable.

Good luck!

(FWIW, the stubby I got, "J" series, seems to work fine, even when not extended!)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I used a spanner wrench. The name is kind of generic, but they look like a big set of tweezers. The ends fit into the notches in the antenna.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Don't know - I got my stubby over the weekend, and used a wrench cushioned with a work glove I had - and it still put two small marks on the original antenna, from the force/pressure of the wrench.

Learned two things - the original antenna is on there tightly, and that the metal/finish isn't very durable.

Good luck!

(FWIW, the stubby I got, "J" series, seems to work fine, even when not extended!)
You did what I had in mind.......and that's what I was afraid of.

·
Registered
118 Posts
it's all about the O baby...

Just ordered from: O - Short Stubby Antenna - Color: Black $9.99 + $3.00 ground shipping.

Pricing all looks pretty equal between vendors, but this web site said that they had the largest source of "Solstice" ready antenna. Looked like about a dozen types and colors available for the Sol.

Thanks to MikePhDPE for the great lead on source

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I called this site, they said the base has to be replaced with there base to fit there antenna.
The carbon fiber site?

Here is mine, 30 seconds to install:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Apologize for WRONG thread but I can NOT find where / how to post this need for a part:

QUESTION: Where can I find a latch handle for the convertible top (that locks in down)? The handle at top of windshield inside.

What is the BEST source for parts? Thanks a bunch for any help!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Metra Antenna

Just purchased a universal 14” replacement antenna rubber mast, made by Metra/AutoWorks (P/N:AT-RM1R), at the local Advance Auto Parts place (Item#6050138) for $4.98. I live in the Green Mountains and the reception is equal, if not better, then the original antenna. Looks great too!:cool: Much more modern looking than the old pickup truck style factory original.:)

Here are a pair of photos w/top up & down.
View attachment 5622

View attachment 5623
BigBlau,

Just read an old post on the Metra stubby antenna. How has it held up, I was thinking about trying it out. Can you resubmit the pics? I could not open them.

Thanks,

101 - 115 of 115 Posts