Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Built 9/22 but still at 4150. Does anyone have any news about whats up in Wilmington or Lordstown lately? Anyone else stalled? Give me something...

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
ChestRockwell said:
Built 9/22 but still at 4150. Does anyone have any news about whats up in Wilmington or Lordstown lately? Anyone else stalled? Give me something...
The question should be ANYBODY NOT STALLED. They keep putting cars on and off hold.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My car was built 9/23 and is also stuck at 4150. Oddly enough I was supposed to be my dealers first allocation and was the first ordered. The first car ordered for the second allocation was built 9/22 and has been delivered to the dealer! This is really getting old. I am vin #1897. Sure would be nice to get the car before it snows here in Michigan. Go figure!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
listen up GM

Mine was built on Sept 21 2005. On average, it takes 2 weeks in Quality Control at Wilmington. Mine has passed QC and Im not entirely sure if it has been released to carrier. Just thought Id post my info so other people know that there are people in the same situation as them. :willy:

I THINK GM SHOULD PRIORITZE THEIR BUILT CARS SO THAT THEY ARE DELIVERED NOW TO PROVINCES AND STATES THAT HAVE WINTER SEASONS. THERE IS NOTHING WORSE THAN DRIVING YOUR CAR HOME (BRAND NEW) IN THS SNOW!!! THEN HAVING THE POSSIBILITY OF THE DREADED WORD...RUST!!! PERSONALLY FOR ME, THIS IS A SUMMER CAR AND IS NOT INTENDED TO BE DRIVEN OR EVEN RUNNING IN THE COLD. GENERAL MOTORS- DID YOU GET THE HINT?

Thanks for the understanding!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
goat rag said:
My car was built 9/23 and is also stuck at 4150. Oddly enough I was supposed to be my dealers first allocation and was the first ordered. The first car ordered for the second allocation was built 9/22 and has been delivered to the dealer! This is really getting old. I am vin #1897. Sure would be nice to get the car before it snows here in Michigan. Go figure!
We are right with you goat rag, except down here in Ohio. Same build date I think cause we are only a few VIN numbers behind you. Our cars are probably friends, or maybe even lovers! :lol: We were our dealers #2 in the first 4 month allocation. Their #1 was picked up by GM 3 weeks before ours, but they have yet to see that car too because it is still sitting at the plant.

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW WHAT THIS LATEST QA HOLD IS FOR AND HOW LONG IT MIGHT LAST??????? :willy:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a thought...

Didn't Pontiac promise to get all of the first 1000 out by the end of October. Maybe they are scrambling to do that while our 2nd 1000 cars lie in wait. Just a theory.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
goat rag said:
They don't have a second allocation yet.

·
Registered
729 Posts
My car went 3800 on 9/30 and went 4150 on 10/04 and hasn't changed.

My dealer keeps saying that my car will be at the dealership on 10/20, but I keep warning them of delays that I have seen on these forums, but they are staying confident in their date.

So, I have to be showing 4200 on my workbench print out before it is actually on its way, right?? Or........can it just not be updated??

I wish I wasn't too lazy to call that trucking company everyone is talking about on here and see if it is really on its way!! :(

- bspate -

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
(Tr)ucking bad news

I called the trucking company on 10/12... but they just confirmed the bad news. Nothing moving. But their number may be helpful when the Sol gets a little closer to it's final destination.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
bspate said:
My car went 3800 on 9/30 and went 4150 on 10/04 and hasn't changed.

My dealer keeps saying that my car will be at the dealership on 10/20, but I keep warning them of delays that I have seen on these forums, but they are staying confident in their date.

So, I have to be showing 4200 on my workbench print out before it is actually on its way, right?? Or........can it just not be updated??

I wish I wasn't too lazy to call that trucking company everyone is talking about on here and see if it is really on its way!! :(

- bspate -
The code will show 4200 and they swear it's been shipped, but usually thats not the case. GM told me my car was shipped 9/16, I as asked them if they thought I was an idiot, it takes 6 hours to get to CT. from Willmington they kind of just paused then said nothing. I know someone at the trucking company, so when I talked to them they told me my car was on and off hold a couple times.Came off hold finally 10/6 and got to my dealer 10/7 in the moring

Mine came directly by truck but yours has to go by train, thats another story. Once it finally leaved Willmington it could be another 4-6 weeks, it goes from one depot to another to get to TX.then finally by truck to your dealer. GM has a terrible shipping system set up for the Solstice.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Deluxe, They sure have been shipping second allocations reason being is that my buddy is the general manager of the dealership I purchased my car from. My car was ordered first as he recieved 1 car in the first allocation which was to be mine. His second allocation he was allowed one car also and that was to be his wifes car. I saw both workbench sheets on the orders and mine was ordered long before hers was. Oddly enough here car was built two days before mine and she now has her car as of this past Monday. My car has not been shipped yet. There is no rhyme or reasoning on how they are shipping. Pretty soon you are going to hear about some of these folks with the 2000 plus vins recieving their cars while some of the first 100 guys are still waiting... Not a good thing for us guys here in the snowbelt. I have no plans of driving this car in the winter it will be a fair weather only car. I'll get it just in time to put it in my garage for the winter. Sad!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
goat rag said:
Deluxe, They sure have been shipping second allocations reason being is that my buddy is the general manager of the dealership I purchased my car from. My car was ordered first as he recieved 1 car in the first allocation which was to be mine. His second allocation he was allowed one car also and that was to be his wifes car. I saw both workbench sheets on the orders and mine was ordered long before hers was. Oddly enough here car was built two days before mine and she now has her car as of this past Monday. My car has not been shipped yet. There is no rhyme or reasoning on how they are shipping. Pretty soon you are going to hear about some of these folks with the 2000 plus vins recieving their cars while some of the first 100 guys are still waiting... Not a good thing for us guys here in the snowbelt. I have no plans of driving this car in the winter it will be a fair weather only car. I'll get it just in time to put it in my garage for the winter. Sad!
See small dealer threads, second allocation haven't even been given out yet to the dealers as of a few days ago. This was his second car of the first allocation, there is a big difference.
Second allocations start being picked up in I think November for a build in December.

·
Registered
846 Posts
At 4150, CO arrived yesterday.

My car, built 9/14 has sat at 4150 since 10/5. I just got off the phone with my dealer and he said he recieved the Certificate of Origin for my car yesterday. On his previous 2 Solstice deliveries, the car arrived within days of the CO.

·
Registered
105 Posts
How prophetic! GM distribution system kinks

insert sol for soul

Compliments of Ray Davies. & The Kinks

Tired Of Waiting For You
Written by: R. Davies
Published by: Kassner Music Co. Ltd

Chord file

Lyrics:
I'm so tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

I'm so tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

I was a lonely soul
I had nobody till I met you
But you keep-a me waiting
All of the time
What can I do?

It's your life
And you can do what you want
Do what you like
But please don't keep-a me waiting
Please don't keep-a me waiting

'Cause I'm so tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

So tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

I was a lonely soul
All of the time
What can I do?

It's your life
Do what you like

'Cause I'm so tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

So tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you
For you
For you

·
Registered
178 Posts
ChestRockwell said:

Mine was built 9/19
QC released it 9/24
Released to ship 9/30.
Still waiting to be shipped @ 4150 status. :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
zcellar said:
insert sol for soul

Compliments of Ray Davies. & The Kinks

Tired Of Waiting For You
Written by: R. Davies
Published by: Kassner Music Co. Ltd

Chord file

Lyrics:
I'm so tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

I'm so tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

I was a lonely soul
All of the time
What can I do?

It's your life
Do what you like

'Cause I'm so tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

So tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

I was a lonely soul
All of the time
What can I do?

It's your life
Do what you like

'Cause I'm so tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

So tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you
For you
For you
:agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
zcellar said:
Finally another kinks fan
Doesn't everyone like the Kinks at least a little bit?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts