Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Stuck Trunk

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  HHGadget 
#1 ·
2007 solstice base. Both buttress's release when pressing fob for trunk release. Trunk partially opens but is stuck. does not release fully. Could it be trunk fuses? Trunk relay? any ideas?

Thanks

#2 ·
2007 solstice base. Both buttress's release when pressing fob for trunk release. Trunk partially opens but is stuck. does not release fully. Could it be trunk fuses? Trunk relay? any ideas?

Thanks
If it partially releases, it may be that everything is working correctly but the torsion springs that help lift the lid are weak. After the buttresses release put a finger in one of the buttress holes and use it to lift the lid while actuating the release again.

Reactions: sirwm
#5 ·
Replacing the torsion springs requires removal of the rear bodywork, so fairly difficult. The springs also may not be available. There are two alternatives, one inexpensive the other not.

The inexpensive route is a 5/8" x 2-1/2" (I believe) extension spring from Lowes, et al that is attached between the torsion spring and the crank lever. A couple of dollars and reasonably effective.

The not inexpensive route is a German-made gas spring and mounting assembly that bolts into the hinge. Way more than a couple of dollars, but very elegant and effective.

There are threads here about both.

Reactions: agent008
#8 · (Edited)
If memory serves right, due to changes in the product design some additional metal trimming may have to be done now.
Font Publication Material property Wood Paper

For the spring method some use one spring, some use two (one on each side of tension rods). Be aware that damage can occur to the rear deck lid if it flips back too far too fast. So you may want to hold onto the deck lid it at first. Some also paint the springs black to blend in better.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Rim

#11 ·
I did the GT Manufaktur Strut mod last year.
I like it a lot as it looks OEM.
As other have stated, pricey but effective.
As of my order last year, I did not have to cut or mod anything. Not sure if that has changed in the last year.
Reseller sent printed out (mostly) English instructions. Also he caught an error in my order and emailed me to straighten it out in perfect English. So points for honesty and the extra mile.
If you don’t mind spending the dough, I give it two thumbs up for ease of install and quality and OEM look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.