Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice video, although I can't tell the difference between the GTO, GTP and GXP in that vid - they all do look very similar.

Some nice driving skills though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well it was not on Speedvision at 11 am EDT this morning (was a Dremel infomercial), in fact doing a search on "Stuntmen" on the other chanels listed produced no hits. Does anyone know when and where it is really going to be on ?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Padgett,

My wife thanks you. I had my TiVo set up to record the show this morning. Problem is, it was also recording a show on a different channel on the other feed at the same time. My 3-year-old daughter was in the middle of her 30th viewing of the same episode of 'Blues Clues' or something of that nature when the TV automatically changed channels to Speed. Naturally she flipped out. When I called to make sure my show recorded, my wife asked me why I wanted a dremel commercial. She reported that she shut off the recording and put my daughter's show back on. This is when I flipped out!

Anyhow, you've settled an argument and I shall sheepishly apologize (as always).

So now I've set it to record the History channel at 5 and 5:30 AM tomorrow, and speed AGAIN at 11 AM. I WILL see this film!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Bad news. It's not currently on the History channel either. :mad Instead it's an infomercial for one of the "get rich quick" scams. I wonder if they pulled the plug on the whole TV schedule? Somebody had better get on the ball and update the website.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just tried to call "Pontiac Cares" (1-800-762-2737). After negotiation of all of the menus finally reached a human who did not have any idea what "Secrets of the Stuntmen" was and wanted my entire life history before trying to find out anything. Gave Up. Wonder if I was connected to India.

----

Must not want e-mail either. After filling out their "contact us" form on www.pontiac.com and submitting the question I got this:

"Thank you for taking the time to send us an email. Your feedback about our advertisements is important to us. Although we do not reply to each comment individually, the professionals at our Customer Assistance Center will review your comments and concerns to insure that we continue to provide you with the best possible level of service."

Am getting a really bad taste in my mouth.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Finally on Discovery this morning and all I can say is "Wet streets, allatime wet streets" Was some shots of the Solstice though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
well im sorry to say boys and girls but i saw it this morning on Speed Vision at 6:30 AM like they said....except i only saw the last little bit. i will be watching for it tomrow for sure!!! :lurk

·
Registered
55 Posts
it was on yet again this morning!!!!!! on speed channel at 6:30pm my time.
they did a little bit on the solstice and damn!!!!!! did it ever look fucking sweet(sorry for cursing but if you saw it you would too! :cheers ) they didnt drive or start it up and it had the top down of course. it will be on tomorow morning as well, so ill be wathin it again!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Of course if you expected to be informed about any "secrets" other than the balsa door, there weren't many. Would like to know what the leg braces the guy who did the jump was wearing were & driving position looked almost completely reclining. Was interesting that they let air ->out<- of the tires for the jump.

Note that all of the cars were "modified" (opening weasle words). Somehow I doubt that a stock Vibe (170 hp at 7600 rpm ?) is that low and corners that flat even on the slick surfaces they were using to keep speeds down. That is probably the biggest "secret" of all. ?

Will have to add "The Last Ride" to my movie collection when it airs though not expecting too much. "Secrets" was worth the price of admission though wish the schedule had been more than wishful thinking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts