Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:willy: After one week driving the Sol and enduring the gawking, starring, stranger approaches, stranger inquiries, finger pointing, etc., all I can say is... this must be what its like to own an expensive Masserotti or Ferrari- wow One other thought. For those of you with the Sol,, park it with the wheels turned slightly and walk about 120 feet away from the front and turn around and look at it. With topup or down, that car looks like one BAMF. (bad a$$ mother fer) Sorry, no other words to capture that aggresive look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
The question is, how long is this attitude from the public going to last?

Ferarris, Masseratis, Lambos, Aston Martens, etc... are so rare, that it's always a sight to behold...

...but I'm afraid by the time I get my Solstice or at least soon after, they will be moderately common-place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it won't last forever, but even at 20k produced per year that's still only 400 cars in each state. Should be relatively rare for awhile.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
585 Posts
My wife and I went for a ride in northern New England this weekend and stopped to talk to a couple of guys who had stopped in a 1975 TR-6. I mentioned that I was anxiously awaiting my new Solstice. Both of them had no idea what I was talking about. I told them it is Pontiacs new little roadster. They still had no clue. :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
Zolsol said:
Yes it won't last forever, but even at 20k produced per year that's still only 400 cars in each state. Should be relatively rare for awhile.
:agree: The newness factor will last awhile. Probably two model years at least.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
flaj said:
My wife and I went for a ride in northern New England this weekend and stopped to talk to a couple of guys who had stopped in a 1975 TR-6. I mentioned that I was anxiously awaiting my new Solstice. Both of them had no idea what I was talking about. I told them it is Pontiacs new little roadster. They still had no clue. :lol: :lol:
I'm in Mass.
Any word on your solstice.
Mine is due in anytime now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
...????

Iwant1 said:
The general public still has no clue about the car. Just wait untill they hit the dealers.
We've been doing that since April!
:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
My first few days have been amazing with every kind of gesture you can imagine.

Of course I still have not seen another one on the road to date, even though
I know others are around my area.

So far I am very pleased and love the car from the looks/feel point of view.

While stopped at a light the other day a guy and his kids in a van pulled next to me gave me the BIG YES NOD as he stared and I could tell he was dreaming (maybe some day when the kids are grown), he just had that look.
I just smiled nodded back and pulled away.

It was great.

I have really felt like a celebrity so far.

Nice to get attention.

My wife says she is going to get a nice scarf and BIG dark sunglasses
because she feels like a movie star in this car. I told her do it.

Let the warm days roll here in Pa, I need a little more top down time before
my solstice settles down for a long winters nap.

So far it has been perfect top down weather since I got the car, but I
know this will not last.

Lovin It!!!!!!!

Later!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
819 Posts
Good luck keeping the good top down weather. Here in Central Illinois, it is to be near 90 for a high today, but only 60 on Friday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
crawdadsolstice said:
Good luck keeping the good top down weather. Here in Central Illinois, it is to be near 90 for a high today, but only 60 on Friday.
Yeah, our summer has been really crappy. I travel to Georgia a lot for business and it's been cooler there than it has been here in central Illinois!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
dori-san said:
Calbear? :lol:
:lol: Ya gotta admit he livened things up. He's probably back at kindergarten now!
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Fortimir said:
The question is, how long is this attitude from the public going to last?

Ferarris, Masseratis, Lambos, Aston Martens, etc... are so rare, that it's always a sight to behold...

...but I'm afraid by the time I get my Solstice or at least soon after, they will be moderately common-place.
I doubt people will mob Sol owners for too long, but I bet the double takes will keep happening with a car that looks this good. It is a mass produced car, but not at a really high volume. For instance, it will take 10 years for Solstice production to equal one year of Mustang production, and after one year people are still fawning over that car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I doubt people will mob Sol owners for too long, but I bet the double takes will keep happening with a car that looks this good. It is a mass produced car, but not at a really high volume. For instance, it will take 10 years for Solstice production to equal one year of Mustang production, and after one year people are still fawning over that car.
:agree:
It's not a car that you will pass on the road every day.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,041 Posts
My car gets interest from all types of people. This morning I has a guy in a Porsche do the 180 head twist to get a better look at my car. This evening I stopped for gas and has a guy in a pickup truck asking questions, and finally a client of mine in his two-seater Mercedes had to give my car the once over. The car appeals to lots of people. I think people will recognize the car more as time goes on, but they won't ever take it for granted. It just has too much bling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I doubt people will mob Sol owners for too long, but I bet the double takes will keep happening with a car that looks this good. It is a mass produced car, but not at a really high volume.
:agree: I also think the Solstice is a classic design, one that might not drop people in their tracks when they see it, but on ethat will keep people saying, "Hey, there's a Solstice. Cool Car" for a long long time. :cool:

For instance, it will take 10 years for Solstice production to equal one year of Mustang production, and after one year people are still fawning over that car.
Sorry, not me. Unless you modify it a bit, the factory Mustang looks like a beached whale to me, with a stupid ship like porthole window. And could it possibly have more booty in back?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
...yup

Bonzo said:
:agree: Mustang looks like a beached whale to me, with a stupid ship like porthole window. And could it possibly have more booty in back?
I agree. The current mustang looks like a bizzaro version of the old one. Too bloated and creased. No real style like the Sol.
:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,844 Posts
Saw a new Mustang yesterday where they had put black electrical tape on the headlights al la late sixties Trans Am. Actually looked good but guess ya gotta be an old fart to appreciate it. :)
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top