Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually, Not me but a friend who had gone to dealer early AM on 1st day.
(April 11, I believe).

He gave dealer $1000 check. They said they would not cash.

In August, dealer called and friend went to dealer and finalized options.

In Sept., dealer said would be 6-7 weeks until delivered.

Went to dealer to look at one of the 1st 1000 cars being prepped for delivery to a customer. Talked to original salesman and his supervisor.

They said they did not yet have delivery date

Today, friend called to ask about "production date" and "estimated delivery date"

Dealer called back and said there had been a mistake and friend's data was never entered and that he should come over to pick up his check. They did not even suggest entering the data now, only come and get your check.

So even though friend had not said he was no longer interested in buying a Solstice under these circumstances, dealer was not trying to sell a car only to return a check.

He is sure they are not telling the truth and that purchase information had originally been entered and suspect they have sold the car to another.

What can he do?

How can he complain to GM?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
that's why you get a printout of your VOMS order when you finalize your options, etc.!!!

But still... shady dealer, indeed.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Please keep a good eye on your friend for the next few days. "Suicide Watch"
I know I would either go Postal, Kill myself or spend some time under close observstion. :(

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
He could call the BBB or better yet the GM zone manager to lodge a complaint. Even if the dealer is "out" of current allocations and unless he has other firm orders for all of his next allocation the date on th edeposit check should mean something.

Your friend did not qualify for one of the first 1000 and it is too bad the dealer did not inform him of the program that took place 4 days after he placed his deposit.

But, an order is an order and the dealer should do what they can to rectify instead of just turning their backs on it. Maybe the dealer plans on upcharging all Sols and wants to start clean.

·
Registered
141 Posts
ajax1 said:
Actually, Not me but a friend who had gone to dealer early AM on 1st day.
(April 11, I believe).

He gave dealer $1000 check. They said they would not cash.

In August, dealer called and friend went to dealer and finalized options.

In Sept., dealer said would be 6-7 weeks until delivered.

Went to dealer to look at one of the 1st 1000 cars being prepped for delivery to a customer. Talked to original salesman and his supervisor.

They said they did not yet have delivery date

Today, friend called to ask about "production date" and "estimated delivery date"

Dealer called back and said there had been a mistake and friend's data was never entered and that he should come over to pick up his check. They did not even suggest entering the data now, only come and get your check.

So even though friend had not said he was no longer interested in buying a Solstice under these circumstances, dealer was not trying to sell a car only to return a check.

He is sure they are not telling the truth and that purchase information had originally been entered and suspect they have sold the car to another.

What can he do?

How can he complain to GM?

Only recourse is any paperwork that he recieved during the process...printouts, receipts, etc.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I would also try calling the Pontiac Customer Service number, and ask them to look for a sold order placed in the involved person's name. If the dealer did place the order against this person's name specifically, but is now lying about it, the records that Pontiac has should show a sold order in that person's name.

Now if the dealer lied way back in August and never actually placed an order, that is a different story.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Very confusing story.

Are we talking a first 1000 car or not? If first 1000 that person would have been contacted numerous times by GM directly via phone, e-mail and recieved FedEx gifts all summer long. If the person got none of this then they were never first 1000 (maybe dealer was telling a story don't know). There is no way I know dealer could swipe away a first 1000 because it was "tied" to the Apprentice registration from day 1.

If it's not first 1000 then anything goes, depends on if a "sold order" was ever made in this person's name or if it was just dealer telling the person a story and had cars ordered on spec and now wants to sell them for more money.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
IRON MAN said:
Sorry for this question, but what exactly does VOMS exactly mean. I'm getting worrie because I have not heard anything from my dealership about my order.
Vehicle Order Management System, or something like that. The number that accompanies it is your order number.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm the friend. I was originally six or seven on the list, the seven or eight, then moved to nine, and now am 10. After getting different stories from the Sales Manager, his manager, and the president of the dealership theyfaxed me a copy of my Preliminary Order Detail last Thursday. It shows that the order was accepted 9/3/2005. So it appears the dealer just never place the order even though he got my check in April and I got my hat, poster, etc. I also have a Pricing Summary dated August 26, 2005 that I signed. According to the Pontiac Customer Service rep who I talked to this morning, the dealer will now not talk to me and does not want to sell me a car because I told him I would post to this site. The rep says my only recourse is to write to Pontiac in Detroit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm not a lawyer, but I did get a good rest last night at a Holiday INN Express!!
If you have a document with your signature & a signature from the dealer and they took your your check as earnst $$, you have the essence of a "legal contract". They have an obligation to delivery the car or they're breaking the contract otherwise.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Oldegoat said:
I'm the friend. I was originally six or seven on the list, the seven or eight, then moved to nine, and now am 10. After getting different stories from the Sales Manager, his manager, and the president of the dealership theyfaxed me a copy of my Preliminary Order Detail last Thursday. It shows that the order was accepted 9/3/2005. So it appears the dealer just never place the order even though he got my check in April and I got my hat, poster, etc. I also have a Pricing Summary dated August 26, 2005 that I signed. According to the Pontiac Customer Service rep who I talked to this morning, the dealer will now not talk to me and does not want to sell me a car because I told him I would post to this site. The rep says my only recourse is to write to Pontiac in Detroit.
He probably place the order in the system but kept letting people in front of yours depending how many he was allocated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts