Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Latest Automobile magazine has 50 small sneak peeks of new cars one of which is Solstice (page 59). Interesting that it says summer 2005. That's the 2nd source that's mentioned summer instead of fall...maybe the tide is turning? Here's the text.

Pontiac Solstice
What: Pontiac's sexy two-seat roadster, which drove the development of GM's new rear-wheel drive Kappa platform. The Miata fighter is powered by a 2.4 liter four making about 170 HP. Prices are supposed to start under $20,000.
When: Summer 2005

·
Registered
151 Posts
i am from wisconsin, and i know that if its a late fall release, im not biting until spring (early)

either way, im not buying until the S/C version is out!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The thing with expensive June weddings and expensive graduations, the parents will need a cool car like the Solstice to help take the sting away.

I hope noone is thinking these cars are just for the young set. I'm an old geezer of 54 and can hardly wait to get my hands on a Solstice; or get my butt into one, for that matter. Its either that or a 4 or 5 year old vette.

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
hopefully

If this is true, I will have one next year, if not, looks like it will be next summer, don't really need a convertible when its snowing and such

·
Registered
26 Posts
Old Geysers

Way to go, MIKE52. I'm 69 (and just home from quintuple by-pass surgery) but can't wait for the Solstice. I'll be selling my Tiburon GT6 to get it (and possibly my GT40 clone as well). There's plenty of fire in the furnace yet!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don't you know it!!! Still know how to light up them thar tires, and run them gears! Put my sunglasses on (prescription) and let the wind blow through my hair (whats left of 'em). I'll be cooler than **** driving down the road in my new Solstice (having to stop at every third gas station to pee). Yessir, us old geezers will be turnin their heads till their hair nets falls off.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts