Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has a line on some covers or other mods for the sun visors ? The info decals really bother me it's an OCD thing so I picked up a set of Solstice decals off Ebay just to cover them up but I really don't like the way they look either . I emailed JPM and all they are offering are black and red and having a tan (sand ) interior they don't match .I asked if they could stich me up a pair and got the impression that once the ones they have in stock are gone that's it. Thanks in advance ! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I want the very same thing! Might take the visors off this winter and take them to the local street rod upholstery guy and see if he can make me up a set in the tan or gray (steel) color. If you have no luck finding something, let me know and I will see what my guy would charge for two sets. No...he would not be interested in making up a bunch as his main job is high dollar street rods and customs. Right now, he has my tonneau that he is modifying and he is making up a set of arm rest pads for me. He works on the small jobs when and if he has slow time.

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
Joe makes them. Many of us have them

Pontiac Solstice

He will make them in just about any color. The Wife's Sky has a green dragon embroidered on them while mine are red and black to match the interior

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rob are you talking about JPM because I contacted him initially and he said all he had was black or red and once again gave me the impression that he was not making anymore

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
Rob are you talking about JPM because I contacted him initially and he said all he had was black or red and once again gave me the impression that he was not making anymore
I called joe and talked with him. He is making me a custom gear shift boot. Did you call him?

·
Registered
204 Posts
If the main reason for what you're looking for is to cover the info that's printed on the sun visors, would the film they wrap cars in work?

I think that material comes in a LOT of colors, so matching the color of the visor should be likely. And you'd only need a small amount of that film.

No need to reply if this wouldn't work. I'm just throwing it out there in case it might.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
A wrap is basically a giant decal (simple terms ) I would question how well it would hold up and how it would adhere to the visor more importantly how it would look .I have seen a car with the JPM visor cover and liked the look. I have a Solstice decals covering the tags now and just don't like the look I want something more finished and as far as the cost goes as long as it's not outrageous for what I have in my car a couple of bucks is not an issue.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
I just spray painted mine with some of that vinyl interior paint. The dark gray matched up pretty close with the "steel and sand" theme.

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
Solnut used solvent and rags to get his off. He discussed it a couple of weeks ago. He said it was a huge pain and a lot of work but it can be done. Give him a shout

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again fellow forum members for all the great info now to look at my options :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
I've used some of my Matte Black vinyl to make a couple patches to cover the printed info on the visors. They hide the info and only have a slight satin finish to what the flat black of the visor color is.
Check with a local sign shop that does cut vinyl lettering, they hopefully will have a vinyl color close to your needs.
These areas aren't that big and should only cost about $5 to make pieces to fit and cover the info areas.
I don't have something to match the beige color of the Sol interior colors. Otherwise I'd make them and sell them to you. Check a local sign shop to see if they could help you out.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Solnut used solvent and rags to get his off. He discussed it a couple of weeks ago. He said it was a huge pain and a lot of work but it can be done. Give him a shout
Try a couple of months ago! Times flies when you get old :)

I was interested in the solvent he used (having tried many different things and nothing touching it) so I did a search for his post. Here: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/336499-post258.html

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Another option for the silly visor OEM warning message

Picked up some size-specific stickers a few years ago off of fleabay.

They also had them for the Solstice. Not sure if they're still available.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I removed both visors and tried a long list of relatively exotic solvents to loosen the adhesive. Eventually found plain old mineral spirits brushed on and left to soak over night worked. The stickers were able to be peeled of the next day. I haven't had stickers on my visors for 7 years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts