Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this rattle that sounds like it's coming from the dash. It was a high-frequency deal, mostly noticed at 30-35 mph over concrete textured street. I tried mashing and holding every inch of dash until one day I reached up and adjusted the mirror and lo and behold, it stopped. Then it started again when I took my hand away. It's the ball joints at the back of the mirror and where the mirror stalk meets the windshield mount. The noise had been bouncing off the dash. I just used a wd-40 pen applicator to grease it up a little and took it for a drive. Noise is gone.

Hope this helps somebody someday. Yes, something better than wd-40 would probably be preferable, but that was what was handy. I'll try something else if it ever comes back.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I've had this rattle that sounds like it's coming from the dash. It was a high-frequency deal, mostly noticed at 30-35 mph over concrete textured street. I tried mashing and holding every inch of dash until one day I reached up and adjusted the mirror and lo and behold, it stopped. Then it started again when I took my hand away. It's the ball joints at the back of the mirror and where the mirror stalk meets the windshield mount. The noise had been bouncing off the dash. I just used a wd-40 pen applicator to grease it up a little and took it for a drive. Noise is gone.

Hope this helps somebody someday. Yes, something better than wd-40 would probably be preferable, but that was what was handy. I'll try something else if it ever comes back.
Please keep us posted on the this issues. Let us know if it comes back and you aren't able to resolve it. Thank you.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Good find! Now if only GM would get the SIR part to my dealer, closing in on a month now with no working steering wheel controls!!:brentil:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts