Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I am not a big fan of the Eagles, but I would love to see them win this Super Bowl. I have been a Donavan McNabb fan from his college days at Syracuse, and I absolutley hate the Patriots with a passion! :D

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yea think it's time for someone to upset those Pats :thumbs

A Giant fan rooting for the Eagles...wow.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mceb said:
Yea think it's time for someone to upset those Pats :thumbs

A Giant fan rooting for the Eagles...wow.
Wow we have Giants fan on our side - Welcome - you don't see this to often. :D

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Can you say DYNASTY:party GOOOOOO PATS

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
AJC said:
Wow we have Giants fan on our side - Welcome - you don't see this to often. :D
You have Bills fans on your side too! I am sure you have a LOT of Bills fans on your side! First the Pats suckered us into taking Drew Bledsoe off their hands. Then they suckered us into taking Lawyer Milloy off their hands. Finally, the Bills have no hope of making the playoffs as long as the Pats are the power in our division. :banghead

·
4,592 Posts
Not passionate either way, but I'll put my monopoly money into the Solstice Fourm Pool for the Patriot to win :cheers

I'm just bummed they've moved the S-Bowl into Februry, it was for a long time on/near my birthday, that alway made for fun parties, oh well!

$100, Reading Railroad, and a Hotel on the Patriots :D

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
RODEO said:
Not passionate either way, but I'll put my monopoly money into the Solstice Fourm Pool for the Patriot to win :cheers

I'm just bummed they've moved the S-Bowl into Februry, it was for a long time on/near my birthday, that alway made for fun parties, oh well!

$100, Reading Railroad, and a Hotel on the Patriots :D
What I think stinks about the late Super Bowl is really all these January playoff games. I know football fans all love the "frozen tundra" playoff games, but as a season ticket holder to a northeat football team (Bills), January playoff games in lousy weather really stink! Its been a while since I had to endure a Jan playoff game now, but back in the day I froze my rear end off watching some of those game. I could live with warm weather. I'd like to see the season start a couple weeks earlier and get the Super Bowl wrapped up by January.

Also, why wait 2 weeks for the Super Bowl! Waiting one week between games is bad enough. When you are anticipating the big game, 2 weels is a killer!

·
4,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:
why wait 2 weeks for the Super Bowl! Waiting one week between games is bad enough. When you are anticipating the big game, 2 weels is a killer!
Good point, maybe that's why I'm less than passionate about this one. It's kinda like waiting for the solstice.....COME ON ALREADY :banghead

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm sure you guys know that next year the Super Bowl will be in Detroit. Let me just say that the city has a LONG way to go before they'll be ready to accept all the people. They've only got a year, but from what I've seen I don't see how they can make it all happen. Hopefully they can, because I would love to see Detroit be represented well for once. If not by their team, at least by the city. :D So here's hoping for a fruitful coming year in Motown.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Fformula88 said:
You have Bills fans on your side too! I am sure you have a LOT of Bills fans on your side! First the Pats suckered us into taking Drew Bledsoe off their hands. Then they suckered us into taking Lawyer Milloy off their hands. Finally, the Bills have no hope of making the playoffs as long as the Pats are the power in our division. :banghead
Bills had an great final 10 games, teams were starting to pray they didn't make the playoffs.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
mceb said:
Bills had an great final 10 games, teams were starting to pray they didn't make the playoffs.
Yeah, they made a good run of it but it was more smoke and mirrors than anything. They played a rather lengthy list of teams that were either bad, or at least not great and were able to rack up wins. They won 8 of their last 10 games, with losses to New England by blowout, and Pittsburgh’s second team by blowout. Of the 8 wins, 3 were against Miami and San Fran, the worst teams in the league. Two more were against Arizona and Cleveland, also rather bad teams. The only decent teams they beat were the Jets, Rams, and Seattle, and from what I have seen of the Rams and Seahawks they were not too good either.

They are improving, and have a decent defense and good special teams, but the offense is not good at all. Bledsoe is not playing well. The past two years he has missed a ton of wide open receivers, and made a number of bad decisions. He’s not the same QB as he was in New England. Looks like he is done here too. Word is he will be traded to Dallas or released, and the Bills will go with JP Losman who they drafted in the 1st round last year out of Tulane.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts