Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any other superchargers out there other than ddm works one? just curious as to what all my options are
thanks

·
Registered
406 Posts
You could technically use almost any supercharger just depends on your fab skills and how much money you wanna spend, not trying to be an ass, just saying but as for 'direct application' it would be DDM and I think that's it as far as I know

·
Registered
628 Posts
That and the roots type blower of the ss/sc cobalt!

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
are there any other superchargers out there other than ddm works one? just curious as to what all my options are
thanks
The only other kit that we have seen for the Solstice is the one made by Mallet several years ago, and our understanding was that there was only a couple made. It was a centrifugal supercharger on that kit and did not make as much power at the wheels as our positive displacement kit and it also had a higher price. I think there is still a link on Mallet's site though.

Hope that helps,
Dave

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks alot for the help :) was just trying to weed out options and im sure this info will do :)

hope you have a fully built sol buy next christmas! :D

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i plan on getting the whole shibang! lol
still undecided on turbo or s/c but i plan on, sleeves, rods, pistons, springs etc.
new clutch and a trifecta tune.
id like to push upwards of 400+whp :)))
any input on kits and other parts i may not have considered will be awesome!

·
Registered
260 Posts
i plan on getting the whole shibang! lol
still undecided on turbo or s/c but i plan on, sleeves, rods, pistons, springs etc.
new clutch and a trifecta tune.
id like to push upwards of 400+whp :)))
any input on kits and other parts i may not have considered will be awesome!
DDM makes a great supercharger kit, and the customer service is amazing. Are you planning on building it yourself, or buying it? Have you looked at turbos as well? There is so much you can do lol. There are a lot of threads on here covering these topics, but in the end it's really up to what you want. Custom exhaust manifolds, and intake manifolds can also go a long way. There is a company back home ( germany ) that makes a very nice intake manifold for our cars. if i wouldn't be going with my route, i would buy it. I'll shoot you a pm with the link when i get back home from work.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill do some myself and send it off to get other things done to it, and yea ive looked at turbos im looking at a werks racing stage 2 kit, and i plan on upgrading the turbo later on down the road to an efr turbo, unless something superior comes along by that time :p

·
Registered
260 Posts
ill do some myself and send it off to get other things done to it, and yea ive looked at turbos im looking at a werks racing stage 2 kit, and i plan on upgrading the turbo later on down the road to an efr turbo, unless something superior comes along by that time :p
With that being said it's not your Daily right? Mine is my Daily, so i have a spare block i can ship out, as far as fab work goes, i'm stealing my sisters Turbo sonic to get around town once it goes up on the lift :). Best of luck with your build be sure to take LOADS of pictures for us. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol unfortunately it is my daily, however by the time i start the work on my car ill have another "get around" car :p nothing fancy just something that runs hahaha itll be a hell of a build for sure :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts