Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

What OS and Browser combo do you use?

  • Windows + IE

    Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Windows + Firefox

    Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Windows + Other

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Linux + Gnome + Firefox

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Linux + Gnome + Epiphany

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Linux + KDE + Firefox

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Linux + KDE + Konqueror

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Linux + Other

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple + Nething (sry, running outta options)!!!

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

    Votes: 3 7.1%

  • Total voters
    42
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I get credit?
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might redo this poll as a private poll? Have the mods pull this one?
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
adamacious said:
Yes :)
It was ALL RODEO's Idea :) :)
*gives rodeo a very good oatmeal raisen cookie*
just a gold star thank you, I was just yankin!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
I use both Windows/IE and Apple/OSX (updated to Tiger). It depends upon if my wife is using the desktop (Windows/IE) or not. I prefer the OSX/Tiger, and when my desktop gets so infected with virus' that it needs to be replaced, I will get the latest Mac from Apple.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
RODEO said:
You might redo this poll as a private poll? Have the mods pull this one?
Why? Are you ashamed of your browser choice? What are you trying to hide? :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Chris said:
Why? Are you ashamed of your browser choice? What are you trying to hide? :)
No, it's more of a security issue because once you know someones browser and OS you could possibly craft specific attack methods for their setup.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Due to security concerns expressed by some people, I replaced the prior OS/Browser poll with this identical one, but with private voting. All posts in the old thread will be moved into this one, and then the original poll will be removed. You will have to vote again! Sorry! :)
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
brentil said:
No, it's more of a security issue because once you know someones browser and OS you could possibly craft specific attack methods for their setup.
Thank You! Brentil hit it!

Not that I'm overly concerned, but it's an issue. I also figured many would be nervous to participate in the poll suspecting that's the kind of info they should not be giving out.

I fortunatley have multiple workstations, the most important I use for work is rarely online, the one I use for internet is less importnant to my work.

Hey, better safe than sorry!
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
RODEO said:
Thank You! Brentil hit it!

Not that I'm overly concerned, but it's an issue. I also figured many would be nervous to participate in the poll suspecting that's the kind of info they should not be giving out.

I fortunatley have multiple workstations, the most important I use for work is rarely online, the one I use for internet is less importnant to my work.

Hey, better safe than sorry!
It is a valid concern and worth bringing up. :thumbs: Its better to play it safe rather than sorry. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
RODEO said:
Hey, better safe than sorry!
:agree: It wasn't a bad idea, I was just giving you a hard time.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chris said:
:agree: It wasn't a bad idea, I was just giving you a hard time.
Not a problem! I'm not embarrased about my PCs and softwares, why would I be? Now, if I drove a Yugo, that would be something I wouldn't divulge!

I would be leary not to let this get into a operating system war, I kinda like poking fun at the competition, I'd have some real fun! But I'll keep the troll inside me constrained! :devil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
RODEO said:
Now, if I drove a Yugo, that would be something I wouldn't divulge!
Why not? Everyone wants to be the first to drive a Solstice so they can be unique, so it seems just as unique to be the last to drive a certain car as well! :lol: Yugo owners stand proud! You're a vanishing breed.

I use Mac OSX Jaguar at work and home on my laptop, so on those machines I use Safari as the browser. However we also have a Windows NT machine with Firefox I might use every great while. Really try to avoid that though. Been a Apple guy from the beginning, my wife however....
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
RODEO said:
Now, if I drove a Yugo, that would be something I wouldn't divulge!
I drive a Fiero and that is almost as bad, but I still refrain from wearing a paper bag while cruising in it! :lol:

AD is right! There might be a lot of pride to be found in being able to actually keep an old Yugo running! It would truly be a daunting task and one heck of an achievement! :glol:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
adamacious said:
what in the :lurk: happened here????

my vote is gone?!?!?! and it used to be mine... *shakes fist at rodeo*
They don't call me a troll for nothing :devil:
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
adamacious said:
what in the :lurk: happened here????

my vote is gone?!?!?! and it used to be mine... *shakes fist at rodeo*
read my edit in post #2, and my post #8. Essentially, I re-did the poll to make it private, due to the potential security concerns of forum members, and I advised everyone who voted to re-post. Due to the method I had to use to re-do the poll, I couldn't copy over your original post so I simply edited it into your second post and noted that was what I did. Sorry for the confusion. The rest of the following discussion was brought over!

Just vote again! :thumbs:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top