Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a yellow " Support Our Troops" magnet but it does not show up on a "mean Sol". Only other option in Canada is camouflage green. I am normally all about camouflage but just did not look right on a yellow Sol. I searched all over the net for one in black and yellow that would be Canada appropriate. I even went in person to ( am kind of stretching it as I was visiting their armored vehicle collections) ...
War Museum in Ottawa
CFB Base Borden
CFB Base Meaford
CFB Base Kingston

But no luck! Then I found this baby on eBay. I believe I got the last one!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,625 Posts

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
So what do you do to support the troops?

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
So what do you do to support the troops?
One can never do enough to honor those who serve but I try. Here are a few thoughts....

1) during a federal election my vote goes to the party who's platform supports and funds our military.
2) Give to charities and organizations that help our vets and their families when needed.
3) Stay informed about defense issues.
4) Go to military and regimental museums and donate beyond any admittance fees.
5) When one has the pleasure of meeting our service people or vets in a pub or club always buy a round and thank them for their service.
6) On Novembet 11th always remember.
7) Talk to them about what they do. At the Canadian National Exhibition this year they had one of the new Leopard 2 Tanks like the ones we used in Afganistan. When I engaged with the crew they seemed really happy to talk and loved the fact that I knew what they did and was informed.

Bottom line, be grateful and respect those who serve and protect our countries every day. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Dream Ride!

Here she is! The Leopard C2. As you can see I am very happy sighting the gun. :cool:Think of the mods I could do....:willy::willy::willy:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I'd like to borrow that for morning traffic. teach those a-holes they should have turned right on red.
That's great Northern Sol. not everyone does thier part and it's nice to see someone making up for them. I think we could all learn something from you.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
2007 Solstice GXP, Automatic,
433 Posts
One can never do enough to honor those who serve but I try. Here are a few thoughts....

1) during a federal election my vote goes to the party who's platform supports and funds our military.
2) Give to charities and organizations that help our vets and their families when needed.
3) Stay informed about defense issues.
4) Go to military and regimental museums and donate beyond any admittance fees.
5) When one has the pleasure of meeting our service people or vets in a pub or club always buy a round and thank them for their service.
6) On Novembet 11th always remember.
7) Talk to them about what they do. At the Canadian National Exhibition this year they had one of the new Leopard 2 Tanks like the ones we used in Afganistan. When I engaged with the crew they seemed really happy to talk and loved the fact that I knew what they did and was informed.

Bottom line, be grateful and respect those who serve and protect our countries every day. :thumbs:
Way to go NS! God bless you my friend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.