Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please join me in welcoming Fformula88 (John) as a moderator on Solsticeforum! :cheers:

John - tell us a little about yourself.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Congrats Fformula88. Looks like you've put together a dream team of moderators. But you all better get busy if you hope to catch up to Troy's 200,442 posts. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DreamerDave said:
Congrats Fformula88. Looks like you've put together a dream team of moderators. But you all better get busy if you hope to catch up to Troy's 200,442 posts. :)
Hehe. I'll pay $1000 to anyone who can find my 200,443 posts. ;) You'll fall a few hundred thousand short.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thanks Troy, and everyone else on the forum! This has been one of the best forums I have been a part of! I am glad to have found it, and honored to have been asked to help out a little.

About myself: What do you want to know? I am Franz Von Holzhausen, the designer of the Solstice! Although I have now taken a position with Mazda, the Solstice will always be close to my heart. It’s a wonderful vehicle, and I am so proud we were able to translate the concept car into a production car with so few changes! :jester:

Ok, so maybe I am not the CHIEF designer! :lol:

Ok, so that is a bit of a fib!

I am essentially just enthusiast. I own an 88 Pontiac Fiero Formula (hence my screenname here) which I have had for 8 years now. I know its not the perfect sports car, or the fastest, or the best handling, or even the most reliable. However, it has some special qualities which I find make it especially appealing. It is my weekend toy! I also drive a Jeep Wrangler as a daily driver right now.

My attraction to the Solstice has always been based on its styling, and the fact its coming from Pontiac. I know all GM vehicles tend to be the same, but I still tend to feel some brand loyalty towards this division. From the day the concept debuted, I knew I had to have one as long as they reached production. The only thing left for me to do is to decide on when the time is right to put my money down. I didn’t try for an EOP car, and would prefer to be able to go over a Sol in person before making the purchase. I cannot wait to see one at the dealer!

Away from satisfying my vehicle hobby, I work a regular 9-5 job. I am still single which may explain where I get all the time to spend on the forum! :lol: Maybe I need the Sol to help me out in that department! ;)

Anyway, I am glad I can help the forum out a little more. If there is anything else you’d like to know, feel free to ask!

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Fformula88 said:
... I am Franz Von Holzhausen, the designer of the Solstice! Although I have now taken a position with Mazda, the Solstice will always be close to my heart. It’s a wonderful vehicle, and I am so proud we were able to translate the concept car into a production car with so few changes! :jester:

Ok, so maybe I am not the CHIEF designer! :lol:
:glol: :lol:

Couldn't finish reading your post, for the tears in my eyes from laughing!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
solsticeman said:

Out of the mouth of THE chief designer??? ;)

Anyway congrats to John on your promotion and doubling of your pay. Good choices all around Troy and SOlman.

·
4,592 Posts

What a b*tch, pick another mod I've pissed off! This one i actually challenged to a fight no less, and then tossed his beloved Fiero above the head of the Outlandish Miata Forum Troll - I'm gone for sure :devil:

:brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:

Way to go! Congrats Senior Ff88!

Now remember, I never actually said anything BAD about the Fiero, heheheh :lol:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
solsticeman said:

... and you thought we weren't keeping an eye on the competition over here at Mazda! :glol:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I am still single which may explain where I get all the time to spend on the forum! :lol: Maybe I need the Sol to help me out in that department! ;)
!
Congrats! By the way, if driving your Solstice cant get a conversation with a pretty girl started that would be terribly disappointing. For us married guys, I think it would be flattering just to get noticed.

·
Premium Member
10,407 Posts
Congratulations, good choice from Troy.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Ya think the Fiero concentration is what Troy was referring to when he said, "Sure is smoky in here..."?
Low blow! :brentil: My Fiero has never burnt down (knocking on wood and looking for a rabits foot and a horseshoe), and it only smokes out of the tailpipe at startup! :lol:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
Hehe. I'll pay $1000 to anyone who can find my 200,443 posts. ;) You'll fall a few hundred thousand short.

Thats posts in a foreign demonination. Sort of like Pesos vs Dollars, about a 1000 to one! :lol:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
There's so many new Mods around here, that you guys will have to get Vespas and cool haircuts! :lol: Congratulation! I was thinking that 3,000 posts should get you some recognition. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts