Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow is surgery on my right elbow. I won't be able to drive for about 4-5 weeks. I'm going to try to make it to Danbury run with Sky 07. I might have to take some pain killers but I won't be driving anyway.

·
5,600 Posts
deluke,

You have my best wishes for a lightning fast recovery. I believe in miracles. Get well fast. :driving:

·
5,600 Posts
Get the padded console from jpm
Pads are nice but joints need to bend. I think it is the bending that will be aneeding the mending.

·
Registered
227 Posts
You know we're all pulling for you darlin' :grouphug:

Keep us updated as soon as you feel up to it.

Looking forward to Sunday, hope you can make it. :yesnod:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Good luck with the surgery and a Solstice* recover!

*Solstice is now a synonym for quik, fast :)

·
Super Moderator
15,940 Posts
I dont understand, why cant you drive? I drove my GTO with the hurst close ratio four speed with my left arm only. The right was around my wife to be. :)

It can be done.

I also taught her to shift for me.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont understand, why cant you drive? I drove my GTO with the hurst close ratio four speed with my left arm only. The right was around my wife to be. :)

It can be done.

I also taught her to shift for me.

Surgery went well I think. I can barely type with my left arm there is no way I can drive, I have no use of my left shoulder at all due to 3 failed rotator cuff surgery in 2004 and 2005 . I can basicly use the bottom of my left arm and now I'm in a cast from my right shoulder to the first joint of my fingers. I'm going crazy !!!!!:willy:

·
Premium Member
10,281 Posts
Glad everything went well for you, hope you can recover soon.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Glad it went well for you! I had surgery on my left shoulder on the 15th to repair several things I've destroyed trying to get the record number of shoulder dislocations in the past year :) Believe me... where there's a will there's a way. I was driving around town today in my manual Sol... just do it! :) Of course, not under the influence of high powered pain killers :)

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Good luck and here is to a speedy recovery ... :cheers:

·
5,600 Posts
deluke,

How are you?

I hope you are feeling good. Get well. :grouphug:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
deluke,

How are you?

I hope you are feeling good. Get well. :grouphug:

I'm doing great, The doctor said the cast would be on for a month and because I'm doing so good he took it off. It's about time 1 out of the 6 surgerys went great. I really don't have much time to post to much any more, I go and to the pool at the health club every morning for my shoulder and back.

Workers comp have been messing with me alot lately, I have a new claims adjuster. So I decided to sell my Solstice GXP. ( I never know when my checks are coming, sometimes I don't get one for 3 weeks.) I also have a hard time getting in and out with my shoulders and back the way it is. I hated to do it but I wasn't driving it at all and have 2 other cars. I'll still come around and lurk. I'll also be going with Sky 07 on runs. I just met so many nice people with my Kappa but I will be seeing everyone once in a while. I really hated to do it but I'm being practicle for a change. When I get my settlement, We'll be getting an Infinity G37. Well thats the plan anyway.

deluke

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Deluke,
I am glad to hear you are doing better and hate to hear that you sold the GXP. Thanks so much for the assistance when I was stressing about my GXP back in 2006. :grouphug: Take care and don't be a stranger.

Steve

·
5,600 Posts
I'm doing great, The doctor said the cast would be on for a month and because I'm doing so good he took it off. It's about time 1 out of the 6 surgerys went great. I really don't have much time to post to much any more, I go and to the pool at the health club every morning for my shoulder and back.

Workers comp have been messing with me alot lately, I have a new claims adjuster. So I decided to sell my Solstice GXP. ( I never know when my checks are coming, sometimes I don't get one for 3 weeks.) I also have a hard time getting in and out with my shoulders and back the way it is. I hated to do it but I wasn't driving it at all and have 2 other cars. I'll still come around and lurk. I'll also be going with Sky 07 on runs. I just met so many nice people with my Kappa but I will be seeing everyone once in a while. I really hated to do it but I'm being practicle for a change. When I get my settlement, We'll be getting an Infinity G37. Well thats the plan anyway.

deluke
Rehab takes a LOT OF TIME. But you have to do it to get better. You can post here after you are good as new. I had no clue you've had 6 surgeries. That sounnds vey serious.

We are thinking of you and praying for you. I'm praying for you. Just get well and everything else will take care of itself. Sorry to hear you had to sell your Sol (as long as you didn't have to sell your soul!!!) :devil:

OK, bad joke... :blush:

You're dealing with a government bureaucracy. Of course it is going to go slow. You take care and I'm praying for a complete recovery. Speedy would be nice, as well. Stay optimistic. It works wonders. Don't type if you don't have to. We'll know you are all right and the Forum will be here when you are ready again.

Best wishes and GET BETTER. Enjoy the painkillers. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts