Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me why the suspension performance upgrade package would include a 'uplift kit'?

I know the Solstice is probably too low stock to lower any more, buy why would you lift it? More suspension travel?

I'm sure one of you racer boys can give me an answer.. :)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
20" tires :willy:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I would really doubt that they would have a lift kit for the Solstice. Other than maybe World Rallye Championship racing, I am not sure what the benefit of more suspension travel would be for a car of this sort. LOL, can you picture a Solstice slugging it out in the muck vs WRX's and Evo's? :lol:

However, it would be nice to get a couple of extra inches for those of us in snowy climates who might want to drive year round! :jester:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Or room for chains :cool:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Actually, in another place I saw it as upfit vice uplift... that makes a little more sense, I guess :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
When you own one, Azteks'. When you own one.

My guess is they meant "upfit". Meaning you upgrade the suspension. That's what you get when there's not enough engineers or car enthusiasts that actually know about cars in marketing.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I suppose its not unheard of to lift a car. I have seen an old DSM cruising around that is sitting on top of a raised truck frame. The actual car sits 4+ feet off the ground, on top of the frame and massive tires! :willy: It will tackle all kinds of off road trails, but I bet it doesn't corner too well. :lol:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
solsticeman said:
When you own one, Azteks'. When you own one.

My guess is they meant "upfit". Meaning you upgrade the suspension. That's what you get when there's not enough engineers or car enthusiasts that actually know about cars in marketing.
Thats probably it. It would so simple to build these cars with adjustbale spring load presets, similar to coil over shock setups on most motorcycles and ATVs. (It's amazing how similar the Solstice suspension is to that on my ATV). But I guess then they couldn't sell you the whole "up grade" package! :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Suspension

I hope that the GMEngineers use a "Qualiy" Bilstein shock. In Audis they just do not hold up to daily driver use. Mosr Audi owners go with Koni's. They are just a better shock, larger Piston and adjustable to boot!

S.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Audi_Fan said:
I hope that the GMEngineers use a "Qualiy" Bilstein shock. In Audis they just do not hold up to daily driver use. Mosr Audi owners go with Koni's. They are just a better shock, larger Piston and adjustable to boot!

S.
Don't like the konis myself - you have to take them off the car to adjust them. Prefer the Hal/QA1 adjustables, since you only need to turn a knob to adjust the valving.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Id say some brand of fully adjustable coil overs, Im not exactly sure which brand would be best, but to fit bigger rims would definately be one reason for lifting....and 20s? forget dubs, Im rollin with 24s! :lol: :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Well, hopefully not to much longer and we'll know what GM's suspension upgrade kit will be. According to all the things we've seen posted here it's supposed to be available at time of EOP car arrival. Now if that actually happens I'll be suprised. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts