Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone here has been so helpful. I’m going to change my shocks on my 2006 base 2.4 liter. Any suggestions? Also is there a full suspension kit I could buy that has everyone need to change it all. I want my car to last me awhile. My wife loves riding in it. It has 97,000 miles. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,803 Posts
I have Koni shocks on my car they are a bit pricey compared to the standard stuff out there but they are adjustable and can be rebuilt ,another option would be a set of coilovers again pricey .As for the suspension kit for me the best way to go is a DDM Works set up front ,tunnel and rear brace .If you really want it to handle like a go cart add a set of Performance Autoworks adjustable sway bars and replace the springs I have this set up on mine with Eibach springs unfortunately they no longer make them for a Solstice but there are other manufacturers who still make them for our cars H&R ,ST suspension are two that come to mind .A word of caution my car handles incredible well but the ride quality suffers per my wife for me it's fine .

·
Super Moderator
7,334 Posts
Everyone here has been so helpful. I’m going to change my shocks on my 2006 base 2.4 liter. Any suggestions? Also is there a full suspension kit I could buy that has everyone need to change it all. I want my car to last me awhile. My wife loves riding in it. It has 97,000 miles. Thanks
What is your goal for the car? I am really happy with the stock suspension, but I know there are those who want it stiffer.

Reactions: Sting Ya
1 - 4 of 4 Posts