Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Far be it from me to suspect a dealer of nefarious activity, BUT -

My vin is #392 and my build date was August 12th. Original delivery date was forecast for 'the first week in September'.

I keep in regular touch with my salesman and, as of last Friday, the car was 'still at the plant and being held'. He agreed to call early this week to get a status and let me know.

A week ago VIN # 162 fell out of the sky (according to the dealer) at the dealership (black/ebony leather/polished) and I got to sit in it. As did a bunch of other people, their kids, their dogs, etc.; but, wait, that's ANOTHER story...

Another thread today talked about a delivery in Spokane (other side of the state, I'm in the Seattle area) so I called the dealer.

When I called I found that my saleman was on a day off. The receptionist had the sales manager call me back. He says my order 'is on his desk' and it shows an expected delivery of September 8th (as in tomorrow). He also says he'll confirm the information and call me back again.

A half hour later he calls back to tell me my car IS STILL AT THE FACTORY BUT THE HOLD HAS BEEN RELEASED! Says it'll be here 'in about two weeks'.

I ask him about the order on his desk indicating delivery tomorrow and he dummies up. I ask him what VOM says and he pretends he doesn't know what that means...

So, call me suspicious, but I smell a dealership (not the only one I'm sure) being apathetic at best and downright deceitful at worst. Sounds to me like they're trying to conceal the actual delivery for awhile so that they can floor it, take joyrides, whatever...

My deposit was made in January 200FOUR. I'm tired of waiting but even more tired of bulls*%t games.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...most likely

I just don't believe anything my dealer says, and I am never disappointed.
:cool:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Still Waiting

According to my invoice (I have a copy) my car was shipped on August 13th, scheduled for arrival by September 7th, that's today. Still no car! From everything I have read on the forum, I guess I shouldn't hold my breath. I too am getting tired of waiting. VIN #70.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Suspicious Story II

Sounds like the same thing I am going through. I was called 8/13/05 and told my car would be in 2 weeks or so. :) :)
Then was told one would be in a few days and I too could come look at it before the owner picks it up. I was the only person at my local dealer on 4/15/05 to place an order I think that someone is not being honest and that the dealers :devil: :devil:
are playing with vom #s
I called GM and they say that the VOM # I gave them hasn't even made it to the production line yet. Wonder if GM :jester: :jester: has a clue?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
RichSol said:
I just don't believe anything my dealer says, and I am never disappointed.
:cool:
:agree: I've set my expectations so low on both what the dealer says and when my car will arrive that disappointments are unlikely.
When I called I found that my salesman was on a day off.
Do ya think he's out driving a Sly Solstice? :skep:

·
5,641 Posts
Cdubya said:
My vin is #392 and my build date was August 12th. Original delivery date was forecast for 'the first week in September'.

I keep in regular touch with my salesman and, as of last Friday, the car was 'still at the plant and being held'. He agreed to call early this week to get a status and let me know.

A week ago VIN # 162 fell out of the sky (according to the dealer) at the dealership (black/ebony leather/polished) and I got to sit in it. As did a bunch of other people, their kids, their dogs, etc.; but, wait, that's ANOTHER story...

Another thread today talked about a delivery in Spokane (other side of the state, I'm in the Seattle area) so I called the dealer.

When I called I found that my saleman was on a day off. The receptionist had the sales manager call me back. He says my order 'is on his desk' and it shows an expected delivery of September 8th (as in tomorrow). He also says he'll confirm the information and call me back again.

A half hour later he calls back to tell me my car IS STILL AT THE FACTORY BUT THE HOLD HAS BEEN RELEASED! Says it'll be here 'in about two weeks'.

I ask him about the order on his desk indicating delivery tomorrow and he dummies up. I ask him what VOM says and he pretends he doesn't know what that means...

So, call me suspicious, but I smell a dealership (not the only one I'm sure) being apathetic at best and downright deceitful at worst. Sounds to me like they're trying to conceal the actual delivery for awhile so that they can floor it, take joyrides, whatever...

My deposit was made in January 200FOUR. I'm tired of waiting but even more tired of bulls*%t games.
Try reading some of the posts here on site, you will find that the cars are only arriving in small numbers and not even in VIN order.

I read your post and I see a dealer that has gone above and beyond to find out the status of your order. Calls Pontiac and then calls you back within a half hour.

They even went as far as to bring in car #162 from Kansas just so people could see it in Bellevue, Washington.

If you feel this is bad service, don't buy the car.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have repeated my story so often that I'm sure everyone is bored with it. However, it is NOT boring to me. My car was shipped on 8/5 arrived in Birmingham on the 22nd, stayed there for a week and then my dealer called me to tell me that Birmingham had called to say that they were sending it back to the plant. No explanation period! Will it take 17 days to get back to the plant???? I have called GM Headquarters and they claim to know nothing and even went so far as saying that the business center won't tell them anything. My dealer doesn't know anything and gets the same run around from GM that I have. No one takes responsibility for anything. I have heard nothing, no one will tell me anything. Then, Gm Headquarters calls me yesterday to ask if I have received my car yet. :brentil:

·
Registered
710 Posts
When did Bellevue get in a car from Kansas?

Small Dealer said:
Try reading some of the posts here on site, you will find that the cars are only arriving in small numbers and not even in VIN order.

I read your post and I see a dealer that has gone above and beyond to find out the status of your order. Calls Pontiac and then calls you back within a half hour.

They even went as far as to bring in car #162 from Kansas just so people could see it in Bellevue, Washington.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Cdubya said:
Far be it from me to suspect a dealer of nefarious activity, BUT -

Call Solstice HQ give your name and they will give you an update on your car. No lie. "If you can find a better car buy it."

·
Registered
233 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
Call Solstice HQ give your name and they will give you an update on your car. No lie. "If you can find a better car buy it."
\No they won't give you an update on every car. I get no where.....They have been very polite but state that they don't know anything and that the business center won't answer them. They then tell me to talk to my dealer who doesn't know anything and is terribly frustrated with the run around. I get a call yesterday from GM Headquarters and asked if I have my car yet. Well, it was sent back from Birmingham on the 22nd to Delaware and now it is supposedly in transit again. How could it have had enough time to get fixed????? GM Headquarters claimed that they didn't even know that my car had been shipped to Birmingham....... :willy:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Could be more an attempt to give you some semblance of a story when the truth is the dealer is totally in the dark.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey! Small Dealer!

I've followed the forum for awhile and have found you to generally be an accurate voice and a puryeyor of good insight.

But how does a dealer calling me back in a half-hour (with a COMPLETELY different story) in any way constitute good service? It is obvious that not only does their left hand not know what the right hand is doing, they're not even attached to the same body...

It must be easy to tell a customer with a deposit 20 months old 'if you don't like it, don't buy it!' That's PURE dealerspeak.

Where's Lee Iacocca when we need him? Oh, yeah, he's golfing with Snoop Dogg!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
P. S. Hey! Small Dealer!

I might have gotten the black VIN wrong but everything else in the post is gospel. What's the point about Kansas? Just another stupid customer, eh?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Temple said:
When did Bellevue get in a car from Kansas?
Cdubya said:
A week ago VIN # 162 fell out of the sky
I didn't get it at first, but and I quote: "Toto, something tells me we're not in Kansas anymore." Think ruby red slippers. As far as some things you hear, "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."

·
Registered
479 Posts
Small Dealer said:

I wonder if the owner of 162 knew his car was in Bellevue,Washington?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Cdubya said:
It must be easy to tell a customer with a deposit 20 months old 'if you don't like it, don't buy it!' That's PURE dealerspeak.

Where's Lee Iacocca when we need him? Oh, yeah, he's golfing with Snoop Dogg!!!
When you left the deposit 20 months ago, you knew you were going to be waiting indefinitely, so it's not like the dealer is at fault for that!!

I'm not sure what your thinking. Do you think the car is really going to be delivered tomorrow and that they aren't telling you? Because that would be fairly easy to check. Otherwise, your car was held up for the same reason as everyone elses, and should be on it's way now.

Maybe it's frustrating, but I don' think it's the dealers fault.

Flagg

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
SmallDealer, I didn't check the list, I just thought your Kansas reference went with falling out of the sky.The other possibility, since Kansas and Washington are a little far apart to bring a car in that is owned by a customer (unless that tcustomer is on vacation) is that the #162 he saw is not 000162 but another number ending in 162, even the preporduction test mules and long-lead media cars, as well as thet ride and drives have Vins.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
mssleepr said:
...Then, Gm Headquarters calls me yesterday to ask if I have received my car yet. :brentil:
Classic!

Maybe it had to go back to the factory to reset the odometer :eek:

Or can they do that at the dealership? :skep:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Isn't GM shipping all the Solstices via Washington State,.......Barstow.....and 3 of the territories of Canada (just to stick it to our friends from the north, sorry!)

I now realize Clark (vin #1), got something almost as valuable as the car itself, and that is a 2 stop delivery! He even had the option to drive it home from the manufacturers.

Wow....one stop service. Way to go Clark!, you're my hero :cool:

Hey, he even got his own carrier :willy:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts