Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is a vintage Corvette that was repainted in dual stage paint 5 years ago. As you can see its swirl city. If you own a black car, this kind of damage can happen with improper washing/ improper drying or the improper use of a buffer (we call them "hackers") Once this happens it is nearly impossible to remove by hand. What I did in this case. wash/ clay wash again. used a paint cleaner first, then went to a swirl rewmover with my cyclo buffer, then repeated with my DAPC with a light polish, then sealed with a sealant. the results were stunning. Gary

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would depend on the paint system/ single stage (non-clear coated) or dual stage (with clear) You can do more serious paint correctiopn with single stage simply because their is more paint to work with and you don;t need to worry about going through that top 3 mils of clear. If it is single stage paint, you will need machine experience. I would start after washing and claying with a deep paint cleaner, which might get out some of the oxidation. Then I would go to my DeWalt443 DA using a yellow pad and something like Meguiars fine cut. After that I would switch to a green pad and a swirl remover polish, then a pure polish, and seal. If it is clear coated, I would use less aggressive methods so we didn't cut through the clear. always use the "less is best" approach in detailing. PM me for more specific info. Gary :agree:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts