Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys here's one for ya! Is it possible to switch the sun visors between driver and passenger? The reason is that the driver's side visor has a nice little mirror in it. For those of you who have a wife it will do more good on the passenger side! Cause I am not sure I can deal with my wife twisting my rear view to check here wind blown hair... I really do not need the mirror on my side! They both look as though the can interchange. I was hoping one of you may have the answer on how to do it.
Any info you can provide would be great!

·
Registered
976 Posts
SOL FULL said:
Ok guys here's one for ya! Is it possible to switch the sun visors between driver and passenger? The reason is that the driver's side visor has a nice little mirror in it. For those of you who have a wife it will do more good on the passenger side! Cause I am not sure I can deal with my wife twisting my rear view to check here wind blown hair... I really do not need the mirror on my side! They both look as though the can interchange. I was hoping one of you may have the answer on how to do it.
Buy a second clip on mirror for the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...a mirror image

SOL FULL said:
Even if it would switch, it would be upside down, and unusable.
:cool:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you see how they are mounted if I switch them they would not have to be put in upside down... They look as though they mount from the back not left or right...

·
5,641 Posts
Service manual appears to show that they are just held up there with one screw. Give it a shot and report back.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...never mind

SOL FULL said:
If you see how they are mounted if I switch them they would not have to be put in upside down... They look as though they mount from the back not left or right...
"Oh! Well that's different....NEVER MIND" -Emily LaTilla
:cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've tried it and they are not interchangable,slightly diff. shape on each side.will have to buy a clip on mirror for my wife.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
JAYP said:
I've tried it and they are not interchangable,slightly diff. shape on each side.will have to buy a clip on mirror for my wife.
Order a replacement part from the dealer and then modify the "slightly diff. shape" to match mounting on the passenger side. That way whe will have a mirror when she gets to drive and when she has to ride. May take longer than just clipping on a mirror, but would maintain the look.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can someone tell me what the point of the visors are anyway? I sat in a Sol the other day, and from what I can tell, I'm so far away from the visors, it is basically useless as a "sun blocker", unless the sun is hovering at an exact 20 degree angle from my line of sight. Oh, well thats what hats are for.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
AJB said:
Can someone tell me what the point of the visors are anyway? I sat in a Sol the other day, and from what I can tell, I'm so far away from the visors, it is basically useless as a "sun blocker", unless the sun is hovering at an exact 20 degree angle from my line of sight. Oh, well thats what hats are for.
I guess they are cosmetic ... ;) I guess everyone needs to invest in a good pair of shades. :cool: :thumbs:

·
Registered
31 Posts
AJB said:
Absolutely correct AJ. It's a roadster folks,,,remove the sun visors completely, and while you are at it, remove the windshield wipers and apply two coats of RAIN-X every month or so. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts