Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had seen a few positive reviews on these headlamps but I had no idea how good they actually are. In the past years I've had several cars with very good headlamps. The best being my 1989 951 S with the European Driving Lights. These were great, non street legal lamps and honestly, not as good as the Sylvania Ultras I just placed in my Solstice Coupe.

The short story, drop the $49.95 and install them. You will not be disappointed.
:)

·
Registered
272 Posts
now when im looking for these its the h13 bulb correct? i wanted to purchase just to try them out

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sylvania Ultra H13

The H13 is correct. The single pack is $29.95 and the pair is $49.95. As stated in the initial thread, I can't see how these are street legal which is why I kept the original packaging in my glove box. Let me know what you thing after the installation.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The European H spec is not as demanding as the DOT spec, but, since the SilverStars also have the 9008 number, I believe that they are DOT approved.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I had seen a few positive reviews on these headlamps but I had no idea how good they actually are. In the past years I've had several cars with very good headlamps. The best being my 1989 951 S with the European Driving Lights. These were great, non street legal lamps and honestly, not as good as the Sylvania Ultras I just placed in my Solstice Coupe.

The short story, drop the $49.95 and install them. You will not be disappointed.
:)
You paid too much. :lol:

Sylvania H13/9008 SU SilverStar Ultra Halogen Headlight Bulb (Low/High Beam), (Pack of 2) : Amazon.com : Automotive

I have the regular Silverstar, they're not bad but just slightly whiter OEM bulbs. Haven't tried the Ultra though.

When these blow I think I might give the ZXE a try:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-SilverStar-Performance-Halogen-Headlight/dp/B008BE02GO/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1358818719&sr=1-3&keywords=silverstar+ultra+h13[/ame]

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
My passengerside finally blew the OEM bulb after 4 years, 5 months. So, because of this thread, I walked over to Advance Auto after work and picked up a set of the Silverstar Ultras for $44.99 on sale. ($5 off)
Gotta wait till later tonight to see the difference.

·
Registered
224 Posts
For those looking at the zXe bulbs I wouldn't bother. I tried them before giving in and performing an hid retrofit and the light output is actually less than stock. They bulbs initially appear brighter and more white, but after comparing them with stock, they do not shine further or illuminate more of the road.

·
Registered
457 Posts
After the zXe bulb was mentioned, I went on Sylvania's site. They post pics showing the increased output for each of their other bulbs. They only brag about appearance of the light for the zXe. This is a bulb for those that want to look cool as opposed to seeing better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
After the zXe bulb was mentioned, I went on Sylvania's site. They post pics showing the increased output for each of their other bulbs. They only brag about appearance of the light for the zXe. This is a bulb for those that want to look cool as opposed to seeing better.
Thank you for this- I almost bought them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
A little hesitant about these bulbs , had bad experience ! When I got my solstice in 2006. I wanted my solstice too look cool with xenon bulbs don't remember which-ones I used . Anyways long story short I burned my wires with those few times �� . Got them replaced for originals at the dealership for free, now I am looking at silvania xenon lamps and wondering if they are too hot my stock wires ? Will they burn again ? Anybody know ? Anybody had already experience with these ? Thanks :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts