Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
WNY Solstice Club

Seems like there is (or will be) a pretty high concentration of Solstice owners in WNY. We should plan a spring meet after the snow melts. Most of us should have our babies delivered by then. Anyone interested?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Count me in

CanalSolstice said:
Seems like there is (or will be) a pretty high concentration of Solstice owners in WNY. We should plan a spring meet after the snow melts. Most of us should have our babies delivered by then. Anyone interested?
Still waiting for a Vin. Talked to a Sol owner in Canandaigua last Friday. The dealer has deliveried two so far. There are 2 pre-production cars at Patrick who is expecting 6+ cars in the next few weeks - already delivered 3-4 sols.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
CanalSolstice said:
I have an idea for this, and will eventually have a seperate post on it. Might be a little early at this point.

Anyway, I was thinking that people may be interested in a Watkins Glen meet. In particular, Watkins Glen Int'l Raceway (a road coarse for anyone not familiar) has an open house the first weekend (I think Sunday) of every May. For a small fee, I think $15, you can get 3 paced laps on the track. The local Fiero people have been doing a meet around this for a couple years now. They meet for breakfast, do some laps at the track, and cruise the local winding roads through the finger lakes. People who have never been there could also tour the town which has a lot of neat little shops and places, walk the glen which is a beautiful hike, etc.

Also, people wouldn't have to do the track time if they didn't want. The paced laps are a decent speed, around 50, but some of the pace drivers really crank it up so people can have a little more fun, and some drivers hang back before turns so they can get some speed up to go through them.

It makes for a fun day and gives a purpose to the meet, other than standing around a parking lot. :thumbs:

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I'd drive from Ohio for that one

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I decided to go ahead and make a seperate post about the Glen, since I think it is a good idea. Feel free to discuss, and mark your calenders. Even if you have yet to get a Sol, it is a fun day in whatever you drive. Plus it may be a good chance to see a bunch of Sols together, if there is a decent turnout. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Count me in if mine is here by then! I also posted another option on Ff88's thread on NE news. An option of Letchworth State Park..27 miles of neat winding park roads thru one on the most senic areas in Eastern US! Plenty of places to stop, view/eat/play etc. Also plenty of Motel/Hotel rooms at Mt. Morris entrance. I also invited anyone interested to join in somwe golf @ Silver Lake CC near the Perry entrance. I'm open to any ideas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts