1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
people are asking............ so here we go

T2TR VII will be held Fri,Sat & Sun Oct 5,6,7
This is both Columbus day weekend and CANADIAN THANKSGIVING
so we run Sunday and travel home Monday.

N'town Hampton Inn (740-498-9800) has 25 rooms held under NEOKAPPA
at $89.00 (or less) a night...don't delay or you'll end up with a room in the Ghetto instead

Everything else is still in a working state

This year's theme (per Chili) is 80's Rock Stars

Runs will be informal...we have enough runs that we can just meet each morning and form groups (including exploratories)

Dinners will be informal also...no dining out...so no drinking and driving
Usual fare is Pizza one night...BBQ another...and maybe order in from HOG HEAVEN

anyway...we've got 90 days to straighten out this mess.....

So who's coming?

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
101 Posts
T2tr

FYI

We sold the Black Widow this week. It was time for us to move on to the next chapter in our lives. The last 6 1/2 years have been a real blast! We miss the car, but more so the wonderful people that we have met. We will cherish these memories forever.

Till we meet again,

Pat and Bern

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
FYI

We sold the Black Widow this week. It was time for us to move on to the next chapter in our lives. The last 6 1/2 years have been a real blast! We miss the car, but more so the wonderful people that we have met. We will cherish these memories forever.

Till we meet again,

Pat and Bern
You're joking right???? :(

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
My heart is broken. :(

It was bad enough I moved from IL, but I didn't think you'd sell the car over it! :cuss::cryin::(

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
No more black widow!!!! Oh no!

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No more black widow!!!! Oh no!
Dave...most of the activity is on Facebook...

are you there...if not use the link below (if you can)
if not....join FB and Friend all 90 of us

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
I'm posting for old timer's sake. Long live the forum.

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
druid-2: Dave...most of the activity is on Facebook...
Looks like I am going to be missing out on most of the activity then.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like I am going to be missing out on most of the activity then.
JR we would NEVER deal you out.....I was even going to call you
but look at skyroadster....ZERO posts and not counting these few...less than 5 here

like Solli...long live the forum but FB people are doing the posting.

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
druid-2 : JR we would NEVER deal you out.....I was even going to call you
but look at skyroadster....ZERO posts and not counting these few...less than 5 here

like Solli...long live the forum but FB people are doing the posting.
When corporations found out they could make more money by doing their manufacturing overseas they abandoned domestic industry. The loss of jobs eventually reduced their customer base to the point that many of those same corporations are now in serious financial trouble.

The forum works the same way. You have decided that it is somehow "better" to use FB for the community conversations, and maybe it is. But moving to it will eventually kill the forum, just as moving production overseas killed local economies. Maybe that is OK. Maybe it is time to move on. Progress is a good thing, right ? I'll sure miss the archive of knowledge though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I haven't been to one of these in a few years. It isn't that far, so I would probably just drive over for the day. It seems like Sunday is the day of the real run. Is it too far out yet for times and places to meet up?

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Jackie and I are in! We are working on the details.

I'm not giving in to FB...although I've been getting a lot of pressure lately. I don't need the publicity! :)

Bern and Pat will be missed. I hope they can at least make a showing.

Billy

·
Registered
87 Posts
Pat & Bern - haven't had my car in over a year & they still let me come & play. :):grouphug:

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
As for having that Monday off work...do all you guys work in a bank? I don't have the luxury of having that day off. :nopity: I'll use a vacation day. I seem to have trouble using all of those anyway.

Billy

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I haven't been to one of these in a few years. It isn't that far, so I would probably just drive over for the day. It seems like Sunday is the day of the real run. Is it too far out yet for times and places to meet up?
A little more clarification on RUNS
for those that came to 2010 most are the same or slightly improved..we add 2 SOWS since then...here's a recap

all runs start in N'town around 9am

Short Stack (cw & ccw) 2 hrs...a warm up with a few good twisties
SOS (the oldest run) around 4 hrs (cw & ccw) medium asith some good twisties
555 West (cw & ccw) kinda easy except for 555...4-5 hrs
T2TR (both ccw and cw..but most do it cw) the best...5 hrs of heavy duty stuff
SOW [short and long]..cw only a blend of T2TR roads (1st half)..a middle cruise and a 555W finish with twistes

Initially I'm planning on doing Short stack Fri morning and SOS ccw in the afternoon...Sat a full T2TR cw....and Sunday lead an SOW long..but that's just me

1 - 20 of 60 Posts