Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So believe it or not, I was able to persuade someone at Allied to look up my VIN #. She wasn't thrilled to be dealing with me and told me they only take calls from dealers -- and she knew I was a Solstice owner-to-be, apparently we are pestering them constantly -- but eventually she acquiesced and looked up my VIN.

From my dealer, I know that my last event code status was 4200 on 10/30. My dealership is in Jacksonville FL.

According to the woman at Allied, all she could tell was that my car was en route via rail to Ohio. She didn't have any other information. She couldn't tell where it was going from there, whether it would go via truck or rail, or even whether Allied would be the carrier. All she could tell from the system was that my car was headed to Ohio...

SO: does that mean after 20 days -- since I hit 4200 -- my car hasn't even made it from Wilmington to Lordstown?

Anyone know what happens from there? Does it go to Florida via rail from Lordstown or via truck?

And why would my car travel 400 miles to the northwest, when it should be heading due south?

Anyone?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
newfan said:
So believe it or not, I was able to persuade someone at Allied to look up my VIN #. She wasn't thrilled to be dealing with me and told me they only take calls from dealers -- and she knew I was a Solstice owner-to-be, apparently we are pestering them constantly -- but eventually she acquiesced and looked up my VIN.

From my dealer, I know that my last event code status was 4200 on 10/30. My dealership is in Jacksonville FL.

According to the woman at Allied, all she could tell was that my car was en route via rail to Ohio. She didn't have any other information. She couldn't tell where it was going from there, whether it would go via truck or rail, or even whether Allied would be the carrier. All she could tell from the system was that my car was headed to Ohio...

SO: does that mean after 20 days -- since I hit 4200 -- my car hasn't even made it from Wilmington to Lordstown?

Anyone know what happens from there? Does it go to Florida via rail from Lordstown or via truck?

And why would my car travel 400 miles to the northwest, when it should be heading due south?

Anyone?
It goes by train from Lordstown to Florida. Don't ask me why it would go north to go south but it does. Any cars going by train go to Lordstown first.

When your dealer said you went to code 4200 (shipped) they usually are not shipped at all. The codes are not accurate.

My car went to 4200 9/19 (shipped) but didn't really get shipped untill night of 10/6 got to CT morning of 10/7. But at least your car is on the way. Shouldn't be too much longer. You might be surprised and get it next week for all you know.

But as far as I know if Allied wasn't doing the trucking they wouldn't have any info on your car. I'm pretty sure of this.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
newfan said:

Anyone?
It won't be MUCH longer, newfan, at least it's on the train.

As for why does it go so far west before coming south, that's not as bad as LDM. Check out Posts 69 and 70 on this thread:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7650

Solstice takes the train from Wilmington to Ohio and THEN to Nova Scotia. See how that looks on a map!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts