Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I just got back from krogers in milford MI. I saw a soltice in the parking lot and waited for the person to return. The person that was driving the car was a gm enginer.He let me sit in the car and rev the motor up i just wanted to hear the sound of the motor running. This is the second time that i have talked to A gm enginer driving the soltice, Well anyways i was asking about production numbers he said they are building eight cars a hour now. The thing that shocked me the most he says there is only one shift now and according to him they are going to keep the plant on one shift.I really wonder if he knows what he is talking about but, it really makes me wonder why the first thousand has been so slow to deliver.With all these posts contrary to what he says.I JUST WANT TO HEAR THE FACTS.Any one know anything different.DATED SEPT 18.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
certain engineers that I talked with make trips to the factory. I would say they are knowledgable....was it steve?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
this is the post

dave clancy said:
Hi everyone I just got back from krogers in milford MI. I saw a soltice in the parking lot and waited for the person to return. The person that was driving the car was a gm enginer.He let me sit in the car and rev the motor up i just wanted to hear the sound of the motor running. This is the second time that i have talked to A gm enginer driving the soltice, Well anyways i was asking about production numbers he said they are building eight cars a hour now. The thing that shocked me the most he says there is only one shift now and according to him they are going to keep the plant on one shift.I really wonder if he knows what he is talking about but, it really makes me wonder why the first thousand has been so slow to deliver.With all these posts contrary to what he says.I JUST WANT TO HEAR THE FACTS.Any one know anything different.DATED SEPT 18.
This is the post I was talking about.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Even though they are only running 1 shift of production, I really hope they are running overtime to get the cars that are built shipped!

·
Registered
124 Posts
for the week ending September 17, they produced 240 cars, 644 for the month. That is 58 day for the month.hat is 48/ day this week. That is what GMLD said is produced in a shift.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does everyone agree that there is only one shift. I thought to myself before i talked to the gm enginer that there was two shifts. I WOULD THINK GM WOULD WANT TO GET THESE CARS TO THE CUSTOMERS IN A TIMELY MANNER WITH ALL THE DEMAND FOR THE SOL.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
It appears that everything is not well in Solsticeland....

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
GMlinedog should be able to confirm how many shifts are working now, and how many will be working in the near/far future. I'll also look into it a little, see what I can find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts