Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got of the phone with product support. Had her check on my Vom number. See told me that they were having problems at the plant and did not no what type, but mine was scheduled for production on 9/16 and has been moved back to 10/24. Have any of you other forum members heard of a problem at the plant :(

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
This is the first I've heard mention of this supposedly from someone GM official.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She put me on hold for about 3-5 minutes and she said let me call the plant to find out what the status was on my vom and she specifically said they where having a problem at the plant. She also said that there could be a chance that it could either be pushed back further or it could move up and she was not sure.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I posted on another thread that my uncle works at the GM plant in Pittsburgh. He called me up this weekend and told me that they were currently making the floor pans for the Solstice at the Pittsburgh plant and shipping them to Wilmington because Wilmington's dye went down. I am not sure if this would cause a delay or not, or what the time frame was to fix the one at Wilmington.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'd just like to have that phone # (please) that you have - the one I have doesn't give me a bit of info.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Hopefully this is just a missunderstanding.

·
Premium Member
8,258 Posts
another Ohioan bites the dust. :brentil:
I just got off the phone with the 800# and I TOO
have been backed off to 10-24 :willy:

Que pasa.....??? What's going on folks.?
Last week the 800# said I would be produced last week( i.e. 09-12) :)
now i'm 10-24 also !!! Bugger !!! :(
Is this now a "Universal Promise Date" (UPD)

who else has a UPD of 10-24 now
You'd think that the first allocation would be well under way by now.

This is a job for Super-Mod

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I know someone posted they talked to some engineer and they said they are only working one shift at 8 cars per hr per shift. That could be the reason they went to one shift from two. See sat. or sundays post .

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
OK let's not panic. Until things are more confirmed it's just a rumor.

On the other subject, should be 8 cars was per hour/per shift.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
mceb said:
OK let's not panic. Until things are more confirmed it's just a rumor.
Yeah, this sounds like a situation where we need some real intel from GMlinedog. He would definitely know if the plant dropped from two shifts to one. In fact, I'm pretty sure he works the second shift, so if he's home surfing the web instead of at the plant working, hopefully he'll log on and let us know what is going on.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just got off the phone with pontiac support. the first time i checked with caddilaccricket my code was 3000. I also called pontiac support that day and they said my target production period was 10/10. My production period has not changed.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
this is the post

Go to the thread by Dave Clancy "talked to GM engineer driving solstice" dated yesterday. For what it's worth. Maybe linedog could up date any info.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
Whats a floor pan. Is'nt that for catching drips? 0f all kinds.
The thing that keeps you from sitting on the ground. ;)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts