Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 6' 6", so most roadsters are quite uncomfortable, but we want one in a bad way as a fun 3rd car...!

I've sat in probably every current model from ford, porsche, mazda, nissan, and honda. So far, only the Nissan 350z roadster has good leg and headroom, even with the top up. The looks of the Solstice are fantastic.

I'd actually wait for the Solstice, if only I could sit in one of the prototypes to see if it would be comfortable enough for a taller driver.

Anyone from Pontiac/GM out there? Please help!

·
Registered
58 Posts
i think that there was another post about this somewhere on this site and they said that the leg room was good in the solstice so i would wait if u was u but i would not count on sitting in a solstice untill at least next year but hey you never know you could get lucky, and if u do u better let us all know about the car. :smile

·
Registered
15 Posts
The only time I'm glad I'm not tall

I can see how that would be a problem, but couldn't you just drop-the-top and that would be the end of your problems, or is the leg-room an issue as well? I'm just glad I'm not over 6' and won't need to worry about that. :smile

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, leg room is a real issue in most sports cars for us really tall people. I can barely fit in a Porsche Boxter or Honda S2000. I could manage either of them for a short drive, but they are too awkward to want to own. The 350z is vastly more comfortable, and even has a little headroom w/ the top up.

I'd really love to find out if the Solstice would work out! Hopefully the GM/Pontiac gods will answer me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ArmyOfOne said:
Yes, leg room is a real issue in most sports cars for us really tall people. I can barely fit in a Porsche Boxter or Honda S2000. I could manage either of them for a short drive, but they are too awkward to want to own. The 350z is vastly more comfortable, and even has a little headroom w/ the top up.

I'd really love to find out if the Solstice would work out! Hopefully the GM/Pontiac gods will answer me.
I'm only 6'4" and I didn't have enough leg room to reach the brake in a friends Boxster S. I haven't sat in a 350Z convertable but the coupe was too cramped for me to buy one. Here's to hoping the Solstice has lots of room :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts