Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again OKISS invades the south. We will be departing the Lexington Ky area (location to be determined later) on Wednesday June 15 at approximately 4 pm. We will travel to and spend the evening in Norton Va. We will leave Norton,Thursday morning,and take a nice scenic twisting turning route to Chimney Rock state park. Upon departure from Chimney Rock we will travel to Marion NC to spend the evening. We leave Marion Friday morning to take another twisting scenic route and end up in Blowing Rock NC around noon. We plan on spending the rest of the day there browsing the shops and stores. We leave Blowing Rock on Saturday morning and take the back way to Grayson Ky to spend the evening,via routes in Virginia, West Virginia and Kentucky. This part of the route I have never traveled but it looks very promising to say the least. Accommodations are in the works and will be announced later. We did a run last summer to Blowing Rock but rain and fog spoiled a couple of days so we are back to see all we missed. As always, any and all are welcome to join at any time or point. I can provide a Google Earth view of the complete route upon request.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Motel Info:

Wednesday Night
Norton Va Super 8
(Website) Super 8 Hotels | Norton Virginia Hotel | Norton, VA 24273 | Near Jefferson National Forest (2 mi), University of Virginia at Wise (5 mi) & Grayson Lake State Park (10 mi)
There posted rate at this time $52.81
Call - 276-679-0893

Thursday Night
Marion NC Super 8
(Website) Super 8 Hotels | Marion North Carolina Hotel | Marion, NC 28752 | Near Gemstone Mining, Golf & Grandfather Mountain
There posted rate at this time $51.37
Call - 828-659-7940

Friday Night
(Motel Changed to Super 8 Boone NC due to Holiday Inn being booked full in Blowing Rock)

Super 8
Boone NC
Best rate can be obtained by calling 828-264-4133
Website http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=15445

Saturday Night
Grayson KY Super 8
(Website) Super 8 Hotels | Grayson Kentucky Hotel | Grayson, KY 41143 | Near The Chicken Coop Art & Craft Mall
There posted rate at this time $52.80
Call - 606-474-8811

·
Super Moderator
7,325 Posts
I have it on my calendar, we're ready to go.

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
We made reservations at the three Super 8 Motels today. Using the AARP discount we saved a couple of bucks per night compared to Glenn's prices. I also called Holiday Inn Express at Blowing Rock and using AARP got a king bed smoking room w/fridge for $125.00. On their web site it listed for $143.00. If Glenn gets a better discount we can always cancel and redo.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am working on funding for this trip. I had a quad trip planned for Memorial weekend. Might try and skip that and try for this. I will be solo if I do make it. I will keep you informed.

·
Registered
245 Posts
This looks like a great run. I hope you can make it. Remember it's B.Y.O.B.

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Due to Holiday Inn Express in Blowing Rock being booked for our June 17th visit the Friday nite motel had been moved to Boone NC (about 5 mile from Blowing Rock) The new motel is the Super 8 in Boone, for best rate call 828-264-4133 Our plan of spending the day visiting the shops in Blowing Rock remains the same. Again for best rate call the above number.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To clear up any confusion there is no discount code for the Super 8 in Boone but the best rate can be obtained by calling direct.

·
Super Moderator
7,325 Posts
Sorry about the other trip, but it will be great to have you on this one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It looks like Jim and I will be able to make this one. I will try to book hotels in the next couple of days. Charlie, we don't have a banjo, but I have a ukelele and Jim has a harmonica--of course, neither of us can play...Maybe Steve has the better idea.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It looks like Jim and I will be able to make this one. I will try to book hotels in the next couple of days. Charlie, we don't have a banjo, but I have a ukelele and Jim has a harmonica--of course, neither of us can play...Maybe Steve has the better idea.
Welcome aboard................ you should fit right in with Charlie, he can't play either..........well at least not a banjo, but we will not get into that :lol:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts