Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be covered elsewhere - email from dealer yesterday that stated an AUG 1 production. Figure 2-3 weeks to actually get here?

Anyone with earlier dealer advised production schedule?

·
Registered
305 Posts
There have been several other with July 18th and July 25th posted under happy SOP day thread. :cool:

Now all I need is my dealer to find out something.

I will email them.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Aug 1 ..... are you sure they said 2005? or are you just assuming?

And those scum bags wouldn't pull my order because of a leather issue that should be resolved by then...... :brentil:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes Xfire305 TPW is 1Aug2005. the reason I know this is Im his sales rep and been working with him for a little over a year and a half on this car.

·
Registered
535 Posts
xfire305 said:
Might be covered elsewhere - email from dealer yesterday that stated an AUG 1 production. Figure 2-3 weeks to actually get here?

Anyone with earlier dealer advised production schedule?
If production started Monday at 56 cars per shift and 2 shifts per day then I don't see how your date can be that late. The first 1000 cars should be done by next week. I think 1st allocation cars will have August production dates!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Because the production line doesn't go from zero to 56 instantly. It takes time to ramp up to full production. This has been discussed elsewhere ad infinitum.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Because the production line doesn't go from zero to 56 instantly. It takes time to ramp up to full production. This has been discussed elsewhere ad infinitum.
True but the assemblies should only take sevaral days to catch up so I still think the Aug 1 Date seems far off for a 1000 car!

·
5,641 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
If production started Monday at 56 cars per shift and 2 shifts per day then I don't see how your date can be that late. The first 1000 cars should be done by next week. I think 1st allocation cars will have August production dates!
Or if as Pontiac said, they work up to 56 per day and take a month to build the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices.........

·
Registered
535 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Or if as Pontiac said, they work up to 56 per day and take a month to build the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices.........
I was going according to the figures that GMlinedog has given. It sounded like they are running two shifts with a full production capacity of 56 per shift. He sounded as though that was happening! Maybe just my inference! :skep:

·
5,641 Posts
The plant maybe building them quicker then Pontiac/GM planned/expected but that will not keep the system from assigning Target Production Dates (which may or may not be correct, again based on what GM/Pontiac has said) in the manner it is programmed.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Small Dealer said:
The plant maybe building them quicker then Pontiac/GM planned/expected but that will not keep the system from assigning Target Production Dates (which may or may not be correct, again based on what GM/Pontiac has said) in the manner it is programmed.
To be honest, that is why I haven't bothered asking for my TPD. I don't want to get disappointed. I know my order was the only one picked up so far so hopefully it will be soon. Although my dealer keeeps saying the end of the year. I think he wants to really excite me when it gets here earlier! :lol:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
perrypontiac said:
Yes Xfire305 TPW is 1Aug2005. the reason I know this is Im his sales rep and been working with him for a little over a year and a half on this car.
Cool ... could you please tell where you came up with the information? Has the system been updated with code 3300 and a date now? Unfortunately, most dealers need some hand-holding and I'd really like my rep to find that information for me so I can have some idea of what's going on. But it may help if I can tell him where to look. I'm not concerned with getting an exact date of production so much as just finding out how far down the line my car is on the production schedule. If it's at the end of the first 1000, I can probably relax for another month or so, but if not, I need to get moving on selling my car and re-arranging my finances.

·
Registered
215 Posts
:agree:

While trying to find out some info myself, I dropped by my dealer today and guess what? He gave me the standard October-November timeline that we have all heard before. Since it doesn't appear that Pontiac is releasing any news via e-mails or phone calls regarding production, it seems realistic to hold your breath and wait till hell freezes over before you get your hopes up and finances in order. :brentil:

·
5,641 Posts
solkool said:
Since it doesn't appear that Pontiac is releasing any news via e-mails or phone calls regarding production,.....
Keep in mind that there is no Pontiac/GM to release any news or send any emails or make any phone calls. GM is closed this week. Other then the Wilmington Plant, that is.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Keep in mind that there is no Pontiac/GM to release any news or send any emails or make any phone calls. GM is closed this week. Other then the Wilmington Plant, that is.
Small Dealer, Lots of people seem to be posting that they now have Target Production Weeks. So does this mean the weekly order cycle, with its Tuesday update, happened? I believe we all assumed that the next weekly update would occur until next week, due to the 2 week shutdown.

·
5,641 Posts
There was no Dealer Order Cycle this past weekend (Cycles end on Tuesday). It appears the TPW updates are occuring because the plant is starting production, so the system is working. Luckly, the last person out of GM on the 1st, didn't unplug the VOMs computer :lol: .

If I recall correctly, there will be a regular Dealer Order Cycle for this weekend, but the was no schedule Solstice availablility.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Rest assured, GM will prolly want to ABSOLUTELY SPLASH the media when the cars have started shipping to dealers.

Coolone2006, depending on the complexity of the changeover (and I'd assume this was a BIG one) ramp-up of production volume can take from 3 weeks (no sooner, and that's for a simple change) to 6 months (like what happened when the Lordstown plant changed over to producing the 1995 Cavalier/Sunfire, or the Oklahoma City plant changed over from making Malibus to Trailblazers/Envoys.

It may take a few months before the first 1000 are built - or maybe less, depending on how confident Wilmington is on their quality. GMlinedog quoted the "target" production volume (112 a day? or something like that), but prolly can't tell us WHEN they plan to reach that volume. Maybe they'll reach it 3 weeks after the first 1000 car is shipped, maybe they'll reach it by December. I'm quite sure that a whole new assembly line with new sheetmetal processing would warrant a much longer ramp-up time to full line rate than a simple facelift on an ongoing model.

Trying to tell us when they intend to reach full line rate is like trying to tell us when production starts (which has been tried for nearly 7 months on the forum now...).

·
Registered
177 Posts
Small Dealer said:
I sent an email to michael wiley mon. and he replyed back to me today. Don't forget, GM is a huge operation and can't shut down 100%. Nobody knows who is working and who is not.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I still don't believe it will take them very long to reach that 112 number per day.

Lets look at the numbers.

At 560 per week (5 day work week, 2 shifts per day)
That's 2240 per month (4 weeks per month)
Or 11,200 in 5 months (august through dec.)

GM has said they will produce ~10,000 vehicles this year and 20,000
next year.

This leaves them very little time to run below that 56 cars per shift number.

I suspect they will be hitting these numbers some time next month, or they will have blown all their projections.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts