·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Target Production Week Survey {Actual GM assigned dates}

UPDATE 2005-06-10
GM has removed our data source for this speculative survey:
Small Dealer said:
Effective June 1st, we have modified existing VOM processes to establish more realistic expectations regarding launch vehicle production and actual delivery to dealer. We have discontinued VOM publication of target production date and estimated delivery date during start of production while maintaining other event codes for order tracking.
This data comes from Small Dealer at the following thread: link to: 6-9-05 New Info about Target Production Weeks

So, I'm asking the Moderators to close the poll early and lock the thread.

We will do a similar poll in the future possibly based on the remaining "change of state" as the vehicles move through the different codings. Then, when it starts to become clear that we've got some data (folks seeing the status codes change), We'll start tracking again.

GM has started assigning Target Production Week dates to VOM orders.

Small Dealer provided an excellent explanation at Productions Expectations and Explanations for what the Target Production Week means. Here's part of that discussion:
Small Dealer said:
Actually what GM does is assign a "Target Production Week" or "TPW" . The two key words are: "Target" and "Week" . "Target" is just what it sounds like, as is "Week' . A TPW of July 18th would include July 18-19-20-21-22.
So given what we've seen so far, as you find out your Target Production Week from your dealer, answer the thread and post your week. :cool:

Be aware, the poll is publicly viewable.

Clarification: We're asking about actual GM assigned Target Production Week dates, not personal estimates of when your car will roll down the line. ;)

The codes as noted by HYPUR at link to: Production Date Confirmed! {on MY Solstice, per my dealership} are as follows:
HYPUR said:
  • 3000 means accepted by production control.
  • 3100 means available to be sequenced.
  • 3300 means scheduled for production and they also have a term TPW which means
    "Tentative Production Week" always on a monday , example 7-18 or 8-8 both mondays
  • 3400 broadcast.
  • 4000 available to ship
  • 4200 shipped
  • 5000 at dealer
So we're looking for "code 3300" vehicles with their Target Production Weeks assigned. So when you talk to your dealer, you'll know what to ask for. ;)

·
Registered
905 Posts
October 3rd :(

·
Registered
936 Posts
I wish somone can tell me how they plan their build dates as they already have some dates in Sept and Oct that are not EOP cars and there are EOP cars that don't have dates yet.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Idea for a new Poll

Crimson Avenger said:
GM has started assigning Target Production Week dates to VOM orders.

Small Dealer provided an excellent explanation at
Be aware, the poll is publicly viewable.
Do we have someone that could play production manager for a day??? Maybe we could have all the first 1000 members enter all the options and colors they ordered (After someone builds a Polling tread). and we could get a unofficial production date from our unofficial production manager(s). TPW + 1 week, etc.
Hey, I came up with the idea, anyone care to do the work :lol:

·
Registered
905 Posts
PubliusE said:
Is this an actual GM Target for your 4 month allocation order?
That's what my dealer said at least.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Adrenaline said:
That's what my dealer said at least.
So your a post EOP (4 month allotment) order correct? What position in line were you to get a car at this dealership?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
brentil said:
So your a post EOP (4 month allotment) order correct? What position in line were you to get a car at this dealership?
I'm not trying to be a smart-a$$, but didn't we all just put that info in our signitures?

·
Registered
905 Posts
brentil said:
#2 out of 3.

·
Registered
120 Posts
bigjob

Adrenaline, is your dealer a big dealer? My dealer is the biggest GM dealer in Nebraska and he only received 4 allocations.. I wonder how he fits in the pecking order for allocation deliveries.

·
Registered
905 Posts
It's the only Pontiac dealer in the area, for like 20 miles.

·
Registered
108 Posts
EOP 1st 1,000 production dates?

Has anyone figured out how they came up with the production dates yet? I'm really torqued, I'm a 1st 1,000, Color sly with steel/sand 2 tone, and all options, and my production date is Aug. 8. Honestly I was very close between three different colors and went with Sly partly because I was under the impression that Sly would be produced first. Let's get this thing figured out on how they're coming up with these dates.

:brentil:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Canada Production Date Pre First 1,000?

CanSol, How did you get a production date earlier than any of the EOP 1,000?

I was under the impression that you didn't have an EOP order (because you're up north) and I was also under the impression that the EOP 1,000 were in fact the first 1,000 built for retail sale, so either something's goofy or one of my impressions is wrong.

Thanks!

·
Registered
905 Posts
solsticedreamin said:
Has anyone figured out how they came up with the production dates yet? I'm really torqued, I'm a 1st 1,000, Color sly with steel/sand 2 tone, and all options, and my production date is Aug. 8. Honestly I was very close between three different colors and went with Sly partly because I was under the impression that Sly would be produced first. Let's get this thing figured out on how they're coming up with these dates.

Maybe they are going in time stamp order?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
solsticedreamin said:

We have no clue how there determined officialy at this poiint. Wherever you got this idea too that Sly would be produced first too I have no clue. It's been an extremely unfounded rumor here, and if you're dealer told you that... never believe wat your dealer says (sorry GTOJ, SD, and con) in general besides the 3 I just listed dealers are the #1 worst souce of info. If you went off a bit of info a dealer said, or the rumor here then you might be greatly disapointed.

Production dates 'might' be based off when you got your EOP order in, maybe your drivers license info, maybe your last name, maybe a completely random process, maybe color batches with any order inside that, people at GM pulling orders from a hat, etc.

Also if you have a production date of Aug 8th that's means your car would be produced in in the 4th-5th week of production if the July 18th (or around there) date is the first week of poduction. Personally if I had the 4th-5th week of production for when the production is ramping up I'd personally be estatic.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have a first 1000 car and no production date and it is killing me. Don't understand how first allocation cars can be scheduled and I don't have a date. Could be I do and my dealer is saying not because he dosen't want to take the time to check. Is there anyway we can get in and check for ourselves I would love to know if my dealer is jerking me around?

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
No joy yet...

I just called my dealer . Sales manager said as of right now not only mine but none of his Solstice orders have been pulled yet. (Was placed 4/16/05 around 5:30 pm CST ,but would be entered into system that folowing Monday first thing). He said he would notify me of any change. I feel left out! :willy: :( :leaving:

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm still with out a production date. Wonder if there's any rhyme or reason to the order they're putting them in? There are 3 within 350 miles of me in the system though. 2 Sly's and a Deep.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.