Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone
Friday is almost here and it's almost time for the West Coast Solstice meet. :cheers: The last few days have been great... Thanks for all the comments and enthusiasm on the first 3 products. :thumbs:

Today's featured product is a little tasty bit for your Solstice interior... the Kappasphere door pulls. We didn't care much for the plastic door pull on the stock model so we machined this pretty polished aluminum piece. Simply unscrew the plastic one off and replace. Adds a bit more class to the already well designed interior. We've got some other tasty bits for the interior we are working... will update you guys as soon as they are done.

Thanks
Neil

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
If you guys are replacing door pulls, I can't imagine what you will think of next.

Is this one shorter than the stock one? Any other colors?

Love'n the stuff Stig. :thumbs: Can't wait to see what you saved for Friday.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Nice touch :cool: Goes well with the chrome door handles outside the car.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stang said:
If you guys are replacing door pulls, I can't imagine what you will think of next.

Is this one shorter than the stock one? Any other colors?

Love'n the stuff Stig. :thumbs: Can't wait to see what you saved for Friday.
Thanks
They are the same size as stock. No other colors planned for now. :)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
SMOOOTH!
I assume a chrome antenna is in the works?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I hate to be the first, but I really don't like this product. I wish the top of the pull extended past the diameter of the shaft. I don't care how, a sphere, a bowl like the old school GM pulls, anything to make it easier to pull up. Love the aluminum though. Maybe consider a different style in the future?

Tony

·
Registered
397 Posts
Only problem with that kiljoy is you don't want to make it too easy for someone to slip a hanger in and pull the lock up.

Stig - In the first picture it looks like there may be some plastic scraping on the door panel at the base of the pull. Will this happen on the production model? Will we need to widen the opening somewhat to use these?

Again, I'm very excited for all your products! Keep up the creative thinking!! All I need now is may car to put it all in!!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
SD SOL said:
Only problem with that kiljoy is you don't want to make it too easy for someone to slip a hanger in and pull the lock up.
On most cars, that would be true - with a convertible, I'd rather have them fishing around with a bent coat hanger :banghead: then a quick slit of the roof and away they go ... :willy:

Not a pleasent thought either way :cuss:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Why would someone want to slip a hangar in to pull the lock up?
So they can steal stuff from inside your car?
Because it's difficult to steal this car, correct? Because of the chip in the key?

If someone realy wants to steal something from the solstice, a better tool would be a sharp knife. Not a hangar.

I had always heard that convertible owners should keep their doors unlocked. Better to have your CDs stolen than have to replace the ragtop.
But who actually practices that...

-------------------
Ninj4'd by MAKsys!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dreamer said:
that...

-------------------
Ninj4'd by MAKsys!!

I was under the impression that there wasn't enough room in the cockpit to store anything TO steal!! ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Dreamer said:
Because it's difficult to steal this car, correct? Because of the chip in the key?

If someone realy wants to steal something from the solstice, a better tool would be a sharp knife. Not a hangar.

I had always heard that convertible owners should keep their doors unlocked. Better to have your CDs stolen than have to replace the ragtop.
But who actually practices that...

-------------------
Ninj4'd by MAKsys!!
My insurance agent told me to lock the doors even on a rag-top that way it is a "clear case" of B & E.

·
Registered
397 Posts
There's always speculation on how best to stop a car thief/vandal, but there's only one generally accepted rule: Make it as difficult as possible for them to get it! The harder it is to take a car, the less desirable it is to a thief. They'll simply move on to another, easier vehicle. Yes, I'm aware if they REALLY want it, they'll get it - but not at the expense of a trip downtown.

And as a side note - my experience in law enforcement has shown that we're more suspicious of a new convertible driving down the street with a gaping hole in the roof than one without it! If I was going to steal a car I'd want to be as inconspicuous as possible.

Just my experience....

·
Registered
665 Posts
Good points. Theives are opportunists. Well, I'm convinced.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Wait... what does this all have to do with the new product from Kappasphere?

·
Registered
60 Posts
SD SOL said:
Stig - In the first picture it looks like there may be some plastic scraping on the door panel at the base of the pull. Will this happen on the production model? Will we need to widen the opening somewhat to use these?
Actually, the door was like that BEFORE we added the piece. It is not the metal piece that caused the scraping. The edges of the molded piece obviously were not finished off well. The same kind of things can be found on other parts of the door panel. We surmise it is flashing from the molding process.

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Stig,

It would appear that you guys are simply dedicated to emptying my bank account! :lol:

I _do_ like the replacement pulls. I can see adding those to my order when the time comes :yesnod:

--Chemist

·
Registered
60 Posts
kiljoy said:
I hate to be the first, but I really don't like this product. I wish the top of the pull extended past the diameter of the shaft. I don't care how, a sphere, a bowl like the old school GM pulls, anything to make it easier to pull up. Love the aluminum though. Maybe consider a different style in the future?

Tony
Hi Tony,

Actually, the grooves make it really easy to grab with your fingers, but not a coat hanger. Plus, we desgined the rings to go with the interior design theme.

·
Registered
256 Posts
mceb said:
Nice touch :cool: Goes well with the chrome door handles outside the car.
:agree: Matches nice!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts