Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys
I still need to pack for the West Coast Solstice meet, and it's getting late. We leave tomorrow at around 10 am. I am going to show our featured product alittle earlier today... but I guess it's Friday on the east coast right ;)

Anyways todays featured product is the KappaShield... it's our new rear wind deflector (rear windshield). We worked on several other looks and models and found that this design was the most effective and the most integrated with the design of the car. Well, a picture is worth a 1000 words so here goes.

Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
I'm really not sure what that does. Does it reduce wind in the cockpit?

Looks great, you really don't notice it from the outside. Good job!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gizmo2004 said:
I'm really not sure what that does. Does it reduce wind in the cockpit?

Looks great, you really don't notice it from the outside. Good job!

yap...reduces wind in the cabin.

Neil

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Great, I'll probably need that. I could hear the monsoon that much better. Thanks.

·
Registered
350 Posts
it looks like the trunk lid gets aweful close to this, because it fits between the gap. Are you sure that it will fit there on all cars? Is it something that can be left there permanently? How does it attach to the car?

This is one purchase I jusr might have to make.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Have you notice if there is any sun reflection on this model, since it is made of clear plastic?.
Will you make one from mesh material like the one from GM, but with the same design?.

·
Registered
990 Posts
passthru said:
:cool: :cool: :cool: I'll take one. How does it fasten?
That's my question as well.
That and price...

·
Registered
213 Posts
:agree: This is a "Must Have" option and it looks so much better than the GM one. The questions: How Much? How Soon? Is it perminent and how is it attached (details please)?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Looks very nice, curves integrate well with car. I have same question on how it connects.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Have you tested it over 100 MPH yet?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
see LBJay (below)... you should have TM your idea! ;) :lol:

Glad to see somebody did like the idea and put it into production. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
LBJay said:
Glad to see somebody did like the idea and put it into production. ;)
The part number to order should be :WindScreen-LBJay ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
We're still perfecting the KappaShield. We tried various heights to determine which would deliver the best wind backwash reduction and still be aesthetically pleasing. It must be removed when you put the top up - but we've got a good idea on how you can install/remove it without tools in 30 secs or less. Light reflection has not been an issue since it is positioned at a different angle than the rear view mirror. Yes, we have been high speed testing it... :devil:

The plastic is specially treated to eliminate scratching. It will come with a soft storage case. The KappaShield will be quite affordable and should be ready for prime time by year end. :)

We hope you have enjoyed our little preview this week. Most of these items are still being finalized. There are things that still need to be tweaked to get them right for production. We're excited about these tasty bits and just wanted to share them with you - especially since your feedback helps us with our development. Thanks much for taking the time to comment.

·
2,574 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Have you tested it over 100 MPH yet?
Looks like appearance was the prime consideration. Certainly important but all other info (how it attaches, glare, tested for effectiveness, price etc. are again missing) Dissappointed in the rollout from this perspective. A daily tease with not enough info to make a decision. Rarely the detail I would expect from an intro of a new line that will surely see much competition. Details can derail you, got the inside track here (supporting member is a brilliant move, but details can kill. Went to order several Tee's and no size xxl as an example, tha's not a customer based decision). Hope you don't missunderstand the feedback but you are encouraging me to wait to see what the competition will offer and THEN make a decision. At least tell us what you know -like ballpark prices on door pulls, c'mon. If these are "tasty morsels" where's the meat?

·
Registered
542 Posts
So, I'll take one of each...door lock, wind deflector, exhaust and air intake..I'm serious!

·
Registered
214 Posts
birdliver said:
Hope you don't missunderstand the feedback ...If these are "tasty morsels" where's the meat?
Thx, we definately understand your desire for more info. It is a huge challenge to get all the bases covered during the product development process. My experience suggests that it is good to let your potential customers in on some of your developments - even when they are not fully complete. We will be showing these items at the West Coast Solstice Meet to get direct feedback from Solstice owners.

These 'teases' can be a bit frustrating but we have great track record (see Sector111.com) of introducing products to our customers. We sometimes take longer but this insures the items are not half-baked at introduction. Please rest assured that we will be delivering plenty of tasty bits shortly... :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts