1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
I think they are using recycled Kappa chassis - unless GM had some completely built spare chassis, but I don't know why they would have done that. Wonder if they have actually sold any/many of those?

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
awesome. I like the rear. wonder what they did with the front bumper? Most of GM parts were hecho en mexico anyway and it looks like someone held on to the drawing. they should have did the solstice with an optional 6.2 like this one. changed the bumpers, gave it a different name and used an LS3 instead of the LNF. Bitchin.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
well, looked it up and this is a Solstice. Plain and simple. I really like the front. way cool. better than all the ones I've seen I think. where do I get one. wonder if Norm can whip up a copy?

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
here's a few more. from the price, they are sure proud of this thing:

The Tauro Sport Auto V8 Spider is powered by a 6.2 liter V8 engine, borrowed from General Motors, which is developing a total output of 434 horsepower and it has a peak torque of 586 Nm (432 lb-ft). Tauro Sport Auto is also offering some performance packages and the engine’s output can go up to 473 HP, to 523 HP and even to 641 HP. The guys at Tauro Sport Auto are saying that production of the V8 Spider will be limited to just 30 units and the sports car starting price will be set at around 100,000 euros (125,740 USD).

I know some of the old vette guys like that all red interior but it doesn't do a thing for me.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100 (sold)
2,735 Posts

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
At the price, you could easily put a body kit and a turbo swap in a stock car and equal the performance and better the cost by a fair bit!

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Pwerks did the v8 swaps on those 2 cars.

·
Premium Member
18,482 Posts
I have been contacted by the owner of the company several times. PAW did mechanical work on several cars, I think he said something like 20 as the initial build. They are looking for a second source, or were. I am on his Christmas greeting list.....

A highly built turbo four is a great machine but it's lacking 4 pistons :agree:

·
Premium Member
18,482 Posts
I have been contacted by the owner of the company several times. PAW did mechanical work on several cars, I think he said something like 20 as the initial build. They are looking for a second source, or were. I am on his Christmas greeting list.....

A highly built turbo four is a great machine but it's lacking 4 pistons :agree:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
At the price, you could easily put a body kit and a turbo swap in a stock car and equal the performance and better the cost by a fair bit!
Yeah, if I could get my hands on that Mallett Bulldog body kit that was never produced, I would do it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I have also had extensive conversations with the owner of Tauro. Pedro has a line on un-licenced Kappa chassis and has built a few (not sure how many, but at least 4) Tauros. He uses highest quality parts from the ground up. F1 Forged wheels, Carbon fibre bits, big brakes, better suspension components, lately, a re-designed dash which will eliminate the lo vis tunnels, full big screen stereo with NAV, better motor mounts than we have here, and of course the distinctive body panels all around. This car is still in development, and I know they are working on a hardtop. They also have a racing model and designs to make a single seater.

His vision, as far as I can tell, is to use the best components available ( and his other company makes components for very high end cars) to build a true supercar on a Kappa Chassis. He has stated that his Kappa drives safely at 280KMH, so it's not just an LS3 dropped into a Kappa. Much more has been done. He intends to keep these cars very exclusive. Current run will be only 30 cars.

I'll be in Spain in March, and hope to meet him and his Tauros.

·
Registered
7,909 Posts

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
[...] a re-designed dash which will eliminate the lo vis tunnels, ...
You know, I've always wondered about the poor tunnel design. Why on earth did they do that? I can see why the re-used the Cobalt (etc) cluster, but why not just mount it further forward so the tunnels were much shorter (at least)?

Ahh well...

·
Premium Member
18,482 Posts
My assumption is that they built the tunnels to prevent glare from a convertible car. The issue is the brightness . . . the cluster illumination is too weak to be seen. If it were brighter it would be much better

·
Registered
114 Posts
Borrowed headlights?

Since that Tauro sport is obviously a Solstice, not a stretch of the imagination that other parts were borrowed eh? I'd swear those headlights are from a Nissan 350z.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.