Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a copy of 20 page plus how to fix the sol leaks (GM TB)....is this something permitted to posted on the gen tech forum? I could get scanned and attach. Pls advise moderators...

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I t certainly would be great, BUT, probably a violation of copyright, as well as proprietary information. If you subscribed to the TB's from the back of the owner's manual those are for each individual purchaser to use on their own car. If these are dealer subscribed, they are meant to be used in a dealer service environment only. Either way, property of GM, to be disseminated over the web at your own risk or peril. Consider the case of copyrighted pictures on the web, by rights you are supposed to post a link to teh original and not copy and paste picture.

Consider SmallDealer and Dealernut. They pay for this information to arrive at the dealership. Why pay for it if they can just get it free after you post it? That's my $.02.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
achieftain said:
If you subscribed to the TB's from the back of the owner's manual those are for each individual purchaser to use on their own car.
And just where are these TB's from the back of the owner's manual?

I saw Service Bulletins on Page 7-16. Also Service Publications on the same page.

They tell how to get SB's in Canada, but not in US. Help.

·
5,641 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
And just where are these TB's from the back of the owner's manual?

I saw Service Bulletins on Page 7-16. Also Service Publications on the same page.

They tell how to get SB's in Canada, but not in US. Help.

Achieftain is showing his age. Years ago there were subscription order forms in the owner's manual for service bulletins. What to say, becasue I am not going to check, that it was the late 80s that it started. Not sure when it ended.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Not sure, if info has been sent to dealers I guess it's good.

·
5,641 Posts
mceb said:
Not sure, if info has been sent to dealers I guess it's good.

Yes the bulletin was sent to dealerships back in August or September. So each dealership has access to it. It is a fairly common type of diagnosis guide that GM issues for most car lines. Each car line has its own specific designs and the bulletin offers diagnosis and repair hints and procedures.

I even refered to it in a post or two back in September.

All GM bulletins are copyrighted. But there are sources for the information on the web. Some charge, some do not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts