Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I collected my VCX. Didn't resist bringing it over to work and installing to my old laptop.
@shabby , do you have any advice on installing besides what @kgschlosser has suggested?
Just install that j2345 thing driver when installing vx manager, it's at the top of the list, also choose the gm option, otherwise the acdelco flashing won't work if you ever plan to use it.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
@agent008 If you need a US based VPN lemme know I can set up a tunnel on my VPN router for ya.

Reactions: agent008

·
Registered
157 Posts
@agent008 If you need a US based VPN lemme know I can set up a tunnel on my VPN router for ya.
Very gracious of you, thank you. I already have a US VPN but in case I have any trouble will contact you.
I'm not going to be using ACDelco just now. Only after I source a '08 Cadillac SRX ECM to go with the Volvo V8. I plan to try to run a Volvo DOHC V8 which I already have (bought for another project) with a Northstar ECM. They have the same firing order so there's a start.
No deadline on this project, once I start I'll document somewhere, could be on this forum.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just install that j2345 thing driver when installing vx manager, it's at the top of the list, also choose the gm option, otherwise the acdelco flashing won't work if you ever plan to use it.
Thanks. I actually installed Volvo, Ford, VW and Gm. Not sure if all of them can be used with the same VCX. Vendor told me Ford is possible.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
OK some problems you are going to have. There is only a small number of ECM's that will communicate with the BCM in the car. So unless you plan on doing a full on conversion of the entire electrical system including the airbag crap you need to use an ECM that plays nice.

·
Registered
157 Posts
OK some problems you are going to have. There is only a small number of ECM's that will communicate with the BCM in the car. So unless you plan on doing a full on conversion of the entire electrical system including the airbag crap you need to use an ECM that plays nice.
That's why I chose the '08 SRX. It runs an E67 same as my '06 Solstice (2.4 NA)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
just because it is the same ECM model number doesn't mean it is going to be able to communicate. That all depends on the OS that is installed onto the thing.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hmm. I think we are deviating from the topic here a little bit. COuld be worth a new topic. But now is not (yet) the time for me to deal with this.
Later on I think will open a new topic regarding this idea.
Since it's intended to be installed into a Solstice (earlier project the Volvo V8 was meant for will get a different motor. Maybe, say, a Solstice's 2.4? 😁 ), I think this forum could be the appropriate place for the new topic.
Once the time comes for me to turn my attention to this, I'll start the topic. Your (and everyone who's willing) help will be needed and appreciated.

EDIT: Damn. Could I have used the word topic any more times in the post above?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Can the tech2 change vin numbers?
From what I understand, yes. But I don't have a clue if I'm right and if so, how to do it.
Also from what I read, I know it can be done via HPTuners. Which probably I will have to buy as well at some point if I go on with the Volvo V8 stupidity idea.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Need it? No. But you will be really glad you have it. Once you put the RCDLR in TPMS learn mode, using the sensor tool eliminates the need to change the tire pressures to get the module to recognize the sensors. You can learn the four sensors in about a minute.
It worked like a charm, done in 30 seconds (y)

From what I understand, yes. But I don't have a clue if I'm right and if so, how to do it.
Also from what I read, I know it can be done via HPTuners. Which probably I will have to buy as well at some point if I go on with the Volvo V8 stupidity idea.
I have hptuners too, if the tech2 can't do it i'll use hptuners.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
worth the 100 bucks yeah?

Reactions: agent008 and shabby

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
cool deal. you mind doing a write up with screen shots on how you flashed a module??

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
OK cool good enough for me.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts