Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the lug nut size and what is the recommended torque for them? (might need to acquire additional Metric units)

Is the Diff housing aluminum? Can it be polished?

Steve

:willy:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
should be AL and therefore CAN be polished with tons of elbow grease. Or removed from vehicle and chromed.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Any aluminum can be polished. It's just a matter of how much work you want to put into it. Aluminum does tend to haze over though and will require frequent polishing to keep it spiffy unless you use some sort of sealer. Unfortunately, I can't think of any off the top of my head right now, anyone else?

·
Registered
51 Posts
With 3.5" of ground clearence, would you even notice if it was polished?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
FFB said:
With 3.5" of ground clearence, would you even notice if it was polished?

:nonod:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Solstice Lover said:
Any aluminum can be polished. It's just a matter of how much work you want to put into it. Aluminum does tend to haze over though and will require frequent polishing to keep it spiffy unless you use some sort of sealer. Unfortunately, I can't think of any off the top of my head right now, anyone else?
Jeep owners with bare aluminum wheels (such as Mickey Thompsons) will put vasoline on them in the winter to help prevent corrosion. I think some people spray them with pam too. Of course, that would all have to be cleaned off for showing.

Maybe a clear coat paint could be used to help keep the shine, like on a polished aluminum wheels. Of course, that low to the ground, it probably would be prone to chipping from stones.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, didn't get a complete answer on the first part, so let's try this;

What is the thread configuration of the gearshift knob? ( I would have said TPI, but it's probably Metric)

Steve

:willy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts